Out of town Nexus use

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I was in Houston at a Conference this past week and rocking my Nexus in the sea of all the Windows and iphones. I have 3 batteries and I only had to swap around 2 of them each day. VZW's coverage even inside the convention center was great. I did have a lot of switching between 3G and 4G which is why my battery drained much faster than I normally see. I was also checking work e-mail a LOT (which I don't normally do on my phone), and I used the calender to keep track of where I should be and when.

I didn't notice any other Nexus's there but all the iphone users were chained to a wall with their chargers every chance they got. I was easily going 6-7 hours before I had to swap. And it was great just to change out a battery and go and not be searching frantically for an outlet.

Yupp, I'm still a happy Nexus owner. Hoping for the next SW update so my phone gets even better!

tacticalfats

Reaction score
I love Android, but since 4.0.2 is so horrible, I decided to pick up an iPhone 4 and give it a try. The iPhone 4's battery life is far superior to that of my nexus.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I went to a tech expo called gdgt here in austin and it seemed like 90% of the iPhones there were dead. The booths kept wanting to do demos on peoples phones but couldn't cause they were always dead! Even the people manning the booths were having their iphones die on them. (Even the DISPLAY iphones were mostly dead!)
I did get to mess around with the Nokia lumia 900 running windows phone 7, which was an absolutely amazing phone in basically every way. My bionic takes, I dunno, a minute to boot? The lumia was ready to use from a cold start in only about eight seconds!!! WP7 was impressive on its own.
I got to play with the Samsung galaxy note, too (the phone/tablet... phablet) and it was AWESOME. My next phone is going to have a 5" screen or larger, I don't care who thinks I'm crazy.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

HNettles

Reaction score
Having played with 7 inch tablets (Nook and Playbook), doing many of the same things I often try to do on my Droid X (4.3"), I have to say that bigger is better. The only phone available on Verizon with a bigger screen than my Droid X appears to be the Nexus, and it's screen size is about the same as my Droid X after you subtract for the soft buttons. Why isn't the Note available on Verizon? I have been eligible for a new phone for the last 3 months, but I want a bigger screen.

kinger

Reaction score
Galaxy Journal is coming to verizon sometime in the 3rd quarter I read. It's the same phone but slightly faster processor.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hopefully verizon will get the Galaxy S3. It is supposed to have a quad core processor, 1080p 4.8" screen and I believe a larger standard battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Droid101

Reaction score
Hopefully verizon will get the Galaxy S3. It is supposed to have a quad core processor, 1080p 4.8" screen and I believe a larger standard battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I'm sure it'll be soe kind of variant that verizon will release. Quad core with a beautiful screen will be awesome!:biggrin: Lets just hope it has 2GB of RAM at this point the processors are able to handle more than the phones RAM can.

turdbogls

Reaction score
I love Android, but since 4.0.2 is so horrible, I decided to pick up an iPhone 4 and give it a try. The iPhone 4's battery life is far superior to that of my nexus.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
oh you mean your 3g only 3.5" screen device has a better battery than a 4g phone with a 1" larger and higher resolution screen...weird

in all seriousness, being rooted with a custom ROM and Kernal, this phone has pretty great battery life.
i got 13 hours on constant 4g, 15 minutes call time, 30 or so texts, weather widget updating every 2 hours, 2.5hrs screen on time. i was very happy. this was also with nothing like juice defender, auto screen brightness, no underclocking/undervolting.