Out of Memory?

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My wife's D3 is giving her "out of memory" errors when trying to download apps from the market. It happens on both large and small size apps.

I checked her storage and she has as much or more than me in both "Application Storage" and "Internal Storage." (Approx. 1.34GB in AS/ 11.26GB in IS)

This just started (she was able to download several apps when we got the phone) and I'm not sure if it happens when downloading from the Amazon App Store.

Any thoughts? I'm stumped (although, I'm sure there's an easy/obvious answer. LOL)

awbs

Reaction score
I get the same error on occasion. I reboot the phone, try the install again, and most times it works fine then. No idea what is causing this.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I'm not sure how Android deals with swap , but I suppose its possible it is using some of the memory as swap and she's bumping up against that.

LordShadowz

Reaction score
I got this myself a few times... Upon inspecting the storage, it seems like the phone has only 1.3 gigs for app storage. I'm down to 600 megs remaining. I don't get why, then it shows 11 gigs for internal storage and 14 gigs on my SD card..

Looks like this phone doesn't have much app storage... And this is why were getting the messages...

My wife's D3 is giving her "out of memory" errors when trying to download apps from the market. It happens on both large and small size apps.

I checked her storage and she has as much or more than me in both "Application Storage" and "Internal Storage." (Approx. 1.34GB in AS/ 11.26GB in IS)

This just started (she was able to download several apps when we got the phone) and I'm not sure if it happens when downloading from the Amazon App Store.

Any thoughts? I'm stumped (although, I'm sure there's an easy/obvious answer. LOL)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I got this myself a few times... Upon inspecting the storage, it seems like the phone has only 1.3 gigs for app storage. I'm down to 600 megs remaining. I don't get why, then it shows 11 gigs for internal storage and 14 gigs on my SD card..

Looks like this phone doesn't have much app storage... And this is why were getting the messages...

How many apps do you have? I've got 1.7gb of app storage left.

end of line...

LordShadowz

Reaction score
I have quite a few lol... But on my D3 it shows maximum amount of App storage is 1.3 gigs... How the heck can you have 1.7 as a max... Let me go load up that screen again and make sure I got this right..

end of line...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I have quite a few lol... But on my D3 it shows maximum amount of App storage is 1.3 gigs... How the heck can you have 1.7 as a max... Let me go load up that screen again and make sure I got this right..

end of line...

Under settings:storage. Application storage available space is 1.69gb.
If I goto manage apps I'm using 286mb with 1.7 free so it looks like they give you 2gb for app storage.

end of line...

LordShadowz

Reaction score
Question,

I've never used apps2sd. I never ever had a storage issue on my DX.. But I'm thinking of using it. If I go to delete a game that has been moved will there be an issue ?

end of line...

If I goto manage apps I'm using 286mb with 1.7 free so it looks like they give you 2gb for app storage.

end of line...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Question,

I've never used apps2sd. I never ever had a storage issue on my DX.. But I'm thinking of using it. If I go to delete a game that has been moved will there be an issue ?

end of line...

Shouldnt be.

end of line...

pyro6128

Reaction score
i've gotten that error too. I just cancelled and tried again and it worked. A reboot should def fix things though.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
i've gotten that error too. I just cancelled and tried again and it worked. A reboot should def fix things though.

I've never gotten that error, but it sounds like a cache issue. As rebooting wipes your cache.

end of line...