Oukitel Claims Their New K10000 Android Smartphone Will Have 10-15 Day Battery Life

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oukitel_k10000.jpg

Prepare to be blown away with a ridiculous smartphone battery life claim. A small Chinese company called Oukitel just announced their latest smartphone project called the K10000. According to their release info, the phone's biggest claim to fame is that its battery will supposedly last 10-15 days with a single charge. Feel free to re-read that sentence again... it is not a typo. That is 10-15 days, not hours.

It seems like the company decided to name the phone after its battery, because it is a massive 10,000 mAh model. What's really surprising is that the size of the phone isn't too ridiculous considering the size of the battery. The phone is quite large and thick, but it's not too crazy considering. Here are the rest of the specs outlined by the company:
  • 1GHz quad-core MediaTek processor
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 5.5-inch display with 720p resolution
  • 8-megapixel rear camera
  • 2-megapixel front-facing camera
  • 16GB of storage
  • A microSD support
  • Android 5.1 Lollipop
  • Only weighs 184 grams
After seeing these specs, the picture becomes a bit clearer. The MediaTek processor probably barely sips the juice. Also, the 5.5-inch display isn't even Full HD at just 720p resolution. Still, considering this thing supposedly only weighs 184 grams, it is still an impressive accomplishment if true. To put that in perspective, the iPhone 6S Plus actually weighs more than that!

You can actually preorder the Oukitel K10000 right now at GearBest for just $239.99 unlocked with no contract. Any/all orders are scheduled to begin shipping on January 21st. Interesting!

Source: Gearbest

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Everyone is hung up on how long the battery lasts.. Just give me a phone that I can clearly see the screen in full sunlight. Seems like a simple request....

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, I dont need a phone to last 2 weeks, though this phone would be a nice trap phone to have as a phone you keep in a camping bag, or a display that is IMAX quality. Just give me a decent display, 0 lag or jank, is supported, and battery life that will get me through a full day easily. Throw in a build like the Turbo 2 with a shatterproof screen and Im "lovin it".

im-fat-and-lovin-it-15.jpg

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
Hey! How did you get that picture of my wife's arm?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Agree. I just want ONE full day of battery with no asterisks.

Two day battery*

*Unless you actually, y'know... USE your phone

Last edited: