Ouch!! Android gets slammed.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by pilot25, Jan 9, 2010.

1. actrack03

actrack03 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Instead of typing this response I hit the microphone button on my keyboard and spoke this response. Can his iPhone do that? (Had to change eye phone to iPhone)

2. dogwolf

dogwolf New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm blown away by this phone.

I can talk to my Droid, and it immediately gives me what I want. That, plus the screen, plus the maps and nav, plus...well users know I could go on. While clearly borrowing and evolving things from the iPhone, the Droid is an amazing leap forward. My friends (even iPhone owners) are convinced.

The reviewer is like a disciple arguing why all religions, except the one he was born into, are the wrong ones..a tool. Why are we wasting our time with this clown. Why am I?

Sorry.

3. kennyg23

kennyg23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking the same thing. I'm sick of everyone trying to push religion on us. All we ever hear about is god and jesus over hear, and that every other religion is wrong that doesn't believe in them. Sorry about my little rant but I just had to say it.

4. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    BGR needs a hug :r_c: Someone wasn't loved as a child :icon_ devil:

5. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    One of the bests posts I've seen on this site yet. You're absolutely correct (in all accounts). Anyone that follows a product/company mindlessly is just ignorant. There is no device (or anything else for that matter) that 'perfect for everyone.' Life's about choice(s). Think for yourself and enjoy.

How emotionally deprived or deficient is BGR (or anyone else) that he needs "emotional attachment" to his phone.... really... I buy a phone, or any piece of technology to perform a specific function not to make me feel 'warm and fuzzy' or whatever feeling he gets when he covets his precious phone. That's just, odd (or creepy, not sure which is more appropriate).

Side note: I would love to see if BGR "would die for [his] iPhone". But maybe that's just that sadist in me.:icon_ devil:

6. zakany

zakany Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's the first thing I got out of that piece: Boy Genius personifies his telephone. His second sentence, "...practically no human emotion with Google when it comes to technology..." is odd, but telling.

Some people prefer a scripted "experience" when it comes to using a device. Others prefer to use something they control. That's fine. That's okay. There's nothing wrong with being in the first group, nor am I wrong for falling in the latter.