OtterBox's are now delayed...

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
Just got this in the email... I ordered from Amazon and it was through a 3rd party company "CITI". Sometimes you buy things from Amazon that's not from Amazon it's self but another company.

------------- Begin message -------------

Dear Customer,

First of all we thank you for purchasing with us and appreciate your business.

The Pre-Order Otterbox Case you have purchase were schedule to ship during June 22~25th.

and we received Otterbox shipment yesterday. However all Galaxy S3 Otterbox products were was not included on this shipment and without notice Otterbox now have change ETA on this product release date.

Again we truly apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Here are what We can do accomodate for our error,

1. We can provide you with full refund and cancel the transaction

2. or switch to other Premium Galaxy S3 cases (Incipio, MOBC, Ballistic) at 30% discounted from MSRP price.

3 or we can ship order on future release date, and we will wave your shipping fee and provide you with additiona $5.00 partial refund.

Here are latest ETA date we recieved from the Otterbox manufacture,

and Otterbox will not be available with other sellers as well till this time around.

Galaxy S III:

- Commuter [Black]: Late June/Early July

- Commuter [Colors]: Mid July

- Defender [Black]: Late July

- Defender [Colors]; Early/Mid-August

We truly apologize for inconvenience, and please let us know if you want to wait, cancel or switch as soon as possible.

Thank you,

CITI

....wtf.. is all I have to say, so be carefull when using Amazon to order your new case. What also worrys me is "Otterbox will not be available with other sellers as well till this time around." So pretty much saying if I choose option 1 and try and reorder from someone else, I'll run into the same thing.. anyone else get this email?

What option should I choose? I mean the GS3 isn't going to ship till 7/11 at this point anyhow. Maybe #3 is a great choice saving me more money.

OP
Lightnspirit

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
Well I chose to cancel the order, option 1. I ordered from another company that will have it shipped by the 27th so Delivery estimate: July 2, 2012 - July 6, 2012 and it was even cheaper :)

Goal: To have the case in hand when the phone arrives.

OP
Lightnspirit

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
Where did you order from?

Amazon, and ordered from SGP Products, called them to make sure i'd have it by the time I will have the phone. Should be here between 2nd and the 6th.

OtterBox wants $50 for the same case if you call them up. These company's must buy in bulk or have an agreement to get them cheaper and sell them cheaper.

Gundcow

Reaction score
Got it yet?

Amazon, and ordered from SGP Products, called them to make sure i'd have it by the time I will have the phone. Should be here between 2nd and the 6th.

OtterBox wants $50 for the same case if you call them up. These company's must buy in bulk or have an agreement to get them cheaper and sell them cheaper.

Do you have the case yet? I got my Phone July 5th and am scared as anything to drop it. I have a preorder in for the Otterbox through Amazon as well but it also has an August ship date! I'm thinking they just arent available yet because of Otterbox...

OP
Lightnspirit

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
Do you have the case yet? I got my Phone July 5th and am scared as anything to drop it. I have a preorder in for the Otterbox through Amazon as well but it also has an August ship date! I'm thinking they just arent available yet because of Otterbox...

I got it from a 3rd party on Amazon. They told me it would ship out today. We will see.

Gundcow

Reaction score
I got it from a 3rd party on Amazon. They told me it would ship out today. We will see.

Do you mind me asking which color you got and which vendor on Amazon? I'm ready to jump ship to the fist vendor with a reasonable price and ship date. I checked the Otter Box site yesterday and they STILL aren't shipping them, so I wonder about any vendor that says they can ship it. Please keep me posted! Thanks :)

OP
Lightnspirit

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
Do you mind me asking which color you got and which vendor on Amazon? I'm ready to jump ship to the fist vendor with a reasonable price and ship date. I checked the Otter Box site yesterday and they STILL aren't shipping them, so I wonder about any vendor that says they can ship it. Please keep me posted! Thanks :)

Night Sky (blue) from SGP Products. Pre ordered back when I started this thread.

frank_drebin1

Reaction score
I ordered my black Commuter case via Amazon last Thursday from a third party source. It was fulfilled by Amazon and Prime eligible. $25 later, it was here Friday afternoon. Amazon Prime FTW.

The buttons are a little "stiff", but not as bad as some are making them out to be.

arrndroid

Reaction score
I wonder if the delay means they are fixing the case?
I ordered my commuter off eBay about a week ago and got it a couple days later.

It's a great case that doesn't add a lot of bulk, but the buttons are stiff and it is slippery. This combination can make it easier to drop. I just got done spraying some "plastidip" on the plastic. It's a latex rubber "paint" and so far it's much grippier.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

frank_drebin1

Reaction score
arrndroid said:
I wonder if the delay means they are fixing the case?
I ordered my commuter off eBay about a week ago and got it a couple days later.

It's a great case that doesn't add a lot of bulk, but the buttons are stiff and it is slippery. This combination can make it easier to drop. I just got done spraying some "plastidip" on the plastic. It's a latex rubber "paint" and so far it's much grippier.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

Maybe they are fixing the issue.

The plastidip is a good idea. I might try that.

RoboCop1268

Reaction score
I prefer Seidio's Convert and Active cases better anyway...less bulk, look nicer.

Had one on my Incredible for over 2 years...dropped it, bumped it, road rollercoasters with it, worked with the police with it clipped to my belt. Fantastic.

Got the Black Seidio Active Case...it even has a metal kickstand for videowatching.

BamBammm

Reaction score
I prefer Seidio's Convert and Active cases better anyway...less bulk, look nicer.

Had one on my Incredible for over 2 years...dropped it, bumped it, road rollercoasters with it, worked with the police with it clipped to my belt. Fantastic.

Got the Black Seidio Active Case...it even has a metal kickstand for videowatching.

hahaha that phone has been everywhere! this made me laugh, the Sedio cases are good cases, i bought my brother one for his birtday.... Hes 15 so you could only imagine what that poor phone has been and will be put through.

http://amzn.to/N2Ds8h