Otterbox with no slide out keyboard feature

sportadic22

Reaction score
ya i agreeee... i hellllla want a case that just covers the whole phone... even if its like half gel like... i want one like the iphone.. i dont use keyboard that much.. but even if i did want to on a rare occasion i could just slip off the case.

anyone seen another brand make one? be sooo nice to find this

zero7404

Reaction score
i like incipio products better ... when i had a storm, i bought their silicrylic case. it's 2-level protection with soft silicon rubber wrapping the device and hard plastic shell that has to be 'convinced' to go on the outside. it protected the phone really well ... @ $ 25 it was an awesome deal.

zero7404

Reaction score
this commuter case is actually interesting .... wonder how much it'll sell for ...

sportadic22

Reaction score
i like incipio products better ... when i had a storm, i bought their silicrylic case. it's 2-level protection with soft silicon rubber wrapping the device and hard plastic shell that has to be 'convinced' to go on the outside. it protected the phone really well ... @ $ 25 it was an awesome deal.

yaaa i want one of those.... that just slips over the whole phone...

OP
Hermes

Hermes

Reaction score
I was just on outerbox.com and they have a defender case for $34.95

Actually the case they have for the Droid is a Communter Serises case. Less protection than the defender series.

DROID by Motorola Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com
Yup, it looks just like every other ordinary snap on type case. As with all the snap on cases I can picture both pieces coming off in a drop. Not so if they make one that defeats the sliding keyboard and is wrapped with a silicone rubber skin like the Defenders.:icon_ deal:

sportadic22

Reaction score
I was just on outerbox.com and they have a defender case for $34.95

Actually the case they have for the Droid is a Communter Serises case. Less protection than the defender series.

DROID by Motorola Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com
Yup, it looks just like every other ordinary snap on type case. As with all the snap on cases I can picture both pieces coming off in a drop. Not so if they make one that defeats the sliding keyboard and is wrapped with a silicone rubber skin like the Defenders.:icon_ deal:

has anyone ever tried like... putting another cell phone case gel type..and see if any fit near the droid size? lol

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I would buy a defender series if they made one. I use the slide out occasionally but I could get by with out it.

No defender series = naked droid for me. There are no other cases I like.

A.Brooks

Reaction score
Im there too , without the slideout feature looks like the one coming is a two piece, although it looks great I would love a NO SLIDE OUT!!!

Do you need the screen protector built in ?

Seidio
Would be nice if it had it as an option. Or if you could just buy whichever kind you like and just have it open, that way some people who don't like screen protectors don't have to use one, and some people who do, could use them.

zero7404

Reaction score
so far, the 2-piece design would be a better way to go ... simply because if you did need the keyboard, you'd have to take the case off to use it. i like seidio's innocase, so far it's been nice. i just don't like how there's no soft silicon membrane, so it's only there to defend against scratches.

guess that's the point of most cases/shells anyway ...

zero7404

Reaction score
back on topic, i can see the otterbox has rubber covers on the buttons, is that part of a silicon jacket or are they just inserts ?

if it's indeed a silicon inner jacket, then i am sold on this ...

Serialkilla

Reaction score
back on topic, i can see the otterbox has rubber covers on the buttons, is that part of a silicon jacket or are they just inserts ?

if it's indeed a silicon inner jacket, then i am sold on this ...
It is part of the jacket. No separate inserts.