1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Otterbox needs to make a case for Droid!! NO slider needed, just enclose the phone!!

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by joekatet, Feb 18, 2010.

1. joekatet

joekatet New Member

I need a case that fully encloses the phone to keep dust out, for my job can be quite messy at times. I don't want to have to leave my Droid in the work van, I just want basic functionality, kind of like what they have for the Iphone. I don't need to use the slider part of the phone....I wonder why Otterbox has not gotten on top of this... I would be the first to buy one if they'd just hurry up and make it!!!

Joe
  2. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

Don't know anything about Otterbars but I too don't use the physical keyboard...at all. Don't need to. One piece phone would be nice.
  3. A.Brooks

A.Brooks New Member

I like being able to use my physical keyboard without removing the case, I don't use it a lot but I do use it sometimes, and I'd rather not lose that functionality. But and otter would be pretty sweet.
  4. orangepeel

orangepeel New Member

I would not enjoy losing the option of using the physical keyboard,but I had such good luck with the Otterbox on my Storm I would have to use it at least on my days at work.

Maybe we need to see how many people are truly interested in going this route? Maybe they can even make one where the slider does still work. I just checked out their website and they have one coming out for the palm pre which has a slider.Palm Pre Cases // OtterBox.com
  5. pigpen

pigpen New Member

I'd love having an otterbox also, my job is filthy. Having it completely enclosed would be ideal for the days at work.
  6. rook

rook New Member

Id like to have the Otterbox as well. I would most likely only use it at work though.
  7. bridizzle

bridizzle New Member

Yes I want a defender series ,I would deal with not being able to use keyboard, I work with heavy equipment and grease and oil
  8. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Premium Member

F*** the physical keyboard!!! I want me an Otterbox!!!
  9. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Have you actually contacted them? Don't assume that they read these forums.
  10. Medman

Medman New Member

I have talked with them directly and they have no plans to make a case for the droid.
  11. joekatet

joekatet New Member

That's very disappointing. How could I contact them directly? As I am not certain how to. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)
  12. Ronbo19

Ronbo19 New Member

I've had an Otterbox case on all my previous smart phones. I contacted them also be email, the response was that while they have no plans at this time they are receiving alot of requests for it. She also said to keep an eye on the website. I used the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Keep the requests going, hopefully that will persuade them.
  13. ktruba

ktruba New Member

OtterBox's Tandem Series Will Protect Slider Phones

Please read....this quote is at the bottom that was apparently said by Otterbox at CES this year..

"This company isn't stopping there: company representatives at CES promised that a version for the Motorola Droid will be available soon."
  14. Warweasel

Warweasel New Member

Just e-mailed them from their "Contact Us" link and got this back almost immediately. Doesn't say much, but it doesn't say no.

Update for Case #93447 - "Motorola Droid"
    Hi!

It may be in the works! Have a look at our site frequently for the newest releases.

Ali

We can hope!
Search tags for this page

droid 4 case completely enclose

droid 4 slider case

otterbox for droid 4 slide phone
otterbox for slider phones

otterboxs for droid sliders