1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Otterbox for Note 2

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note 2' started by tituswife, Feb 13, 2013.

1. tituswife

tituswife Member

I've read good things about Otterbox, but reviews for their Note 2 case aren't that good. Any personal experience?

Thank you.
  2. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

I've had the defender on multiple devices... Only thing l dislike about it for the Note 2 is that the screen protector is slightly raised. So you feel it moving up and down when you press the screen. Other then that it's on par with all the others I have used.

Makin' my Notes ...
  3. MuscleDroids

MuscleDroids New Member

I also have the defender. My only complaint is the screen protector. It does have some space and would cling to the screen leaving "water markings" or a rainbow glare.

So I popped it out and just used a regular screen protector.
    However this causes a small bit of space between the screen and case so there is a slight bit of flex now but after a day I didn't even notice it anymore.

Other than that I love this case.
  4. tituswife

tituswife Member

Thank you, both. I ordered one from Amazon, and it should arrive the same day as the Note 2!
  5. Mookie

Mookie Member

It's tough and works well. And way to big. I will never use mine as it doesn't fit in my GPS mount or pocket.
  6. Domestic violence

Domestic violence Member

I have the commuter, speck candy shell and diztronic.

The diztronic stays on my N2.
  7. Jumper2501

Jumper2501 New Member

I also popped out the screen protector on my Otterbox. I haven't run into a problem keeping it in my front pants pocket in slacks during the week, and jeans otherwise.
  8. MuscleDroids

MuscleDroids New Member

It is big but a comfortable big. My grip feels great and overall this is a huge phone so adding bulk doesn't bother me.

Fits fine in my jeans and okay in gym shorts.
  9. jseah

jseah New Member

I haven't tried the Defender, but I do have the Commuter. Knowing how thick the Commuter makes the phone, I doubt I would like the Defender. However the only issue that I have with the Commuter is that there is no belt holster for it. If there was one for it, I would use the Commuter more often. I'm currently using the Speck candy shell and the Seidio Active holster (don't like the Active case, but the Speck fits into the holster). I also have the Seidio Surface and holster combo, but I don't use it since I wanted a bit more protection.
  10. tituswife

tituswife Member

I am anticipating, from all of this information, that the phone, plus the Defender, will be bulky. I'm currently issuing a Thunderbolt with the expanded battery, so I'm used to wait. I'll put up with some bulk, on order to keep the phone safe. A good cover is invaluable.

Agreed, it makes no sense to make all these docks, that don't accommodate a cover. I can't fit my Tbolt in my desk dock, so use the phone's kickstand to stand the phone up (vertically) against the dock, using the USB charger cord that came with the dock. I also use dock's second battery charger.

Thank you to all.
  11. tituswife

tituswife Member

Ok, just received the Defender (phone just arrived, too, and I'm letting it come to room temperature before I activate it). Any tips on how to put it on the phone? I don't want to break it before I even get to use it! The back cover and screen cover are difficult to separate.

Thanks again!
  12. Psykho

Psykho New Member

You should be able to pop all the tabs all the way around the case...
  13. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

If the defender is similar to the one I had for my GNex, a paperclip comes in very handy getting those plastic tabs to release!
  14. tituswife

tituswife Member

Thanks, I got it! Now, to have fun!
  15. BuccoDroid

BuccoDroid Member

Just got my GN2 on Friday from VZW. The paraded out a bunch of cases including the OB Defender. I have always used TPU cases prior to getting the GN2 and found them quite satisfactory. But with the larger size of the GN2 I felt it necessary to have a fairly sturdy and protective case for it. Saw a couple online reviews of the Defender and came to the same conclusion about it that the reviewers did. Great protection but not the best functionality for using the phone due to the way the screen protector is engineered.

In one of the reviews the also did one on the OB Commuter case. I liked how is protected the GN2 from accidental drops and falls as well as allowing the user to apply the screen protector that comes with the case of to get one from a different supplier. So I ordered the OB Commuter in all Black from Amazon and expect it to arrive on Tuesday. Also got a screen protector from VZW because they will install it (my local store has a couple young ladies who do a great job at that) and cause I have used them exclusively for the last 5 phone I have had and they work very well.
  16. tituswife

tituswife Member

I haven't had the problems mentioned with the screen protector with the Defender. I don't use the black clip on piece. The phone goes in my pocket or purse. This is my first Otterbox, and I'm very pleased with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Droid Forums
Search tags for this page
dock for note 2 with otter box

how to print from samsung galaxy note 10.1

how to put on otterbox for note 2
is there an otterbox for a android note

note 2 otterbox review forum

otter box forum

otterbox commuter of defender for verizon note 2 android for
otterbox for new android note 2

otterbox for note 2

otterbox for note 2 forum