Otterbox for Droid

nameuser

Reaction score
ha there I go thinking I have something exclusive lol none the less, I wish there was a holster from otterbox for the droid commuter that worked like this case/combo. i love the otterbox and i love being able to have it on my waist with the clip i attached. It'd be better though if i didnt have to have the screen exposed when its on my waist with the otter :/

Reaction score
Just FYI on the otterbox. With Body glove case....once I dropped the phone. With Otterbox... every single day. I seriously think a slip resistant texture should be added. Maybe a future Defender series will solve this issue.

sporket

Reaction score
Well I contacted Otterbox about my broken faceplate. They sent a replacement to my door in 2 days. Very nice customer service.

Thanks,
Otterbox

bentrm

Reaction score
I had to get a replacement droid the other day. My otterbox faceplate protector doesn't want to fit. Keeps popping off. Is the new phone a different design? I contacted otterbox. Will post what happens. Just thought i'd throw this out there.:icon_wink:

Reaction score
Just ordered the Otterbox case.

I've been using a Coat Case (Seidio Innocase) for a while but after seeing my dad's Otterbox for his iPhone, I had to get one.

I had a Body Glove for a few weeks before it started creaking and sometimes when I removed my Droid from it, small parts would break.

Keeping my Coat Case as a backup once I get my Otterbox.

fullthrottle

Reaction score
just got mine its not slick like every1 describes it to be at least IMO. I think the texture on the back gives it a good feel for grip but it does feel sort of sleek not too bad where it would slip out of my hand that easily. It snaps on & off fairly easily and i highly doubt that thing is gona come off if my phone hits the ground b/c of the position of the clips they have and how many it has. Also if u have a right angle usb, it will NOT fit in the charger b/c of the the rubber port butt I managed to cut a lil bit off each sides of the port and made enough room for my wire without it even being noticeable since the rubber has a very thick and durable feel. Hope this helps some1.. thinkin about makin a full on review for this probably a video

Last edited:

Cleskers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I would like to know is what the Seidio Rugged is like. Anyone that has had both and can give their 2c. Does it have the same feel? I really like my Otter box but with them not putting a Defender series out any time soon.

jongin

Reaction score
I have had the Otterbox Commuter for a couple of days. I posted about an alternative to egrips but no responses. I ended up buying the universal case from egrips so the slippery issue is solved. AS for the holster issure, I found two that work:
Case Logic horizontal case clp139tb
Case Logic vertical case clp142smb

Both were made for the palm treo but they aren't too snug and actually fit perfectly. So, I have an awesome case, its no longer slick, and have a holster for it. Life is good.

cuskit

Reaction score
I have had the Otterbox Commuter for a couple of days. I posted about an alternative to egrips but no responses. I ended up buying the universal case from egrips so the slippery issue is solved. AS for the holster issure, I found two that work:
Case Logic horizontal case clp139tb
Case Logic vertical case clp142smb

Both were made for the palm treo but they aren't too snug and actually fit perfectly. So, I have an awesome case, its no longer slick, and have a holster for it. Life is good.

jongin, can you post a couple of pix of that? Sounds good to me! :) mikey

jongin

Reaction score
Here you go Mikey

I hope these pics show you what i did. The Egrips are black and I put a thin one on the side of the phone. Feels a lot safer now when I am holding it or it is sitting on a table.

The cases are great although I noticed with the vertical case, the phone gets a bit warm. This might be due to the Otterbox so if it is, I'll drill some small ventilation holes in it and that should fix it right.