Otterbox for Droid

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by FEDAGENT671, Mar 8, 2010.

1. sporket

sporket New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Otterbox will not fit the Verizon holster. I don't have your answer to the Innocase. But Seidio make a nice clip holster that will work best with their case.

2. orangepeel

orangepeel Member

Ratings:
    +0

They both will fit in my Verizin case,but the Otterbox is tight...really tight...though it has gotten much better after using it s few weeks.

3. nameuser

nameuser New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the otterbox is an amazing case for the droid!!! I work at cellairis in a mall, which is a cell phone accessory business and I get to have the latest case on the market. the otter box add only a little bulk for the protection it provides. it doesnt have a holster or a clip like the body glove but an easy fix to that is a swivel clip that uses double sided sticky tap instead of screws or inserts. i love this case, it does great work keep dirt and stuff out of my charger port and headphone jack. I just got a new case in though you all might want to check called a shellster. i dont know if you can buy them online yet but you can get them at a Cellairs which is in 650 malls!! they are hard cases with rubber textures and they come with holsters!!! when its in the holster, the face goes in so you dont have to worry about hitting the screen. check them out!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Elitimus

Elitimus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just an FYI. Amazon has the otterbox commuter on sale for 22.99. Just bought one because the rubber coating on my body glove is peeling off. I also dropped it once and the back plate is not tight anymore. Any...seemed to be a good deal. Thought I'd share.

Amazon Otterbox Commuter

Elitimus

5. BKS

BKS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmmm....The one you have pictured is identical to the one from Verizon they gave me when I purchased my Droid. Maybe Shellster is the original manufacturer and Verizon uses them and just repackages in their boxes. ????

6. monsterman

monsterman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree thats the same as the VZW case. you can find them on evil bay for like $10 NEW Motorola Droid Smartphone Shell/Holster Combo - eBay (item 260598797530 end time Jun-06-10 07:23:43 PDT)

I have one of these and it works well. It should fit the Seidio case with no problem as their case is about exactly the same size and the cheap rubberized cases you can get on ebay (i have a neon green one). I personally like this case better than the Seidio holster. the Seidio has that retarded latch thing on the top that sticks out, and if your shirt gets caught on it or something your phone could easily fall out. this (VZW) holster you have to actually slide the phone down in it. It's not just being held at the bottom and by that goofy latch on the top of the Seidio.

7. nameuser

nameuser New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ha there I go thinking I have something exclusive lol none the less, I wish there was a holster from otterbox for the droid commuter that worked like this case/combo. i love the otterbox and i love being able to have it on my waist with the clip i attached. It'd be better though if i didnt have to have the screen exposed when its on my waist with the otter :/

8. samsung rogue user

Ratings:
    +0
    Just FYI on the otterbox. With Body glove case....once I dropped the phone. With Otterbox... every single day. I seriously think a slip resistant texture should be added. Maybe a future Defender series will solve this issue.

9. sporket

sporket New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I contacted Otterbox about my broken faceplate. They sent a replacement to my door in 2 days. Very nice customer service.

Thanks,
    Otterbox

10. bentrm

bentrm Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I had to get a replacement droid the other day. My otterbox faceplate protector doesn't want to fit. Keeps popping off. Is the new phone a different design? I contacted otterbox. Will post what happens. Just thought i'd throw this out there.:icon_wink:

11. fearmychickens

Ratings:
    +0
    Just ordered the Otterbox case.

I've been using a Coat Case (Seidio Innocase) for a while but after seeing my dad's Otterbox for his iPhone, I had to get one.

I had a Body Glove for a few weeks before it started creaking and sometimes when I removed my Droid from it, small parts would break.

Keeping my Coat Case as a backup once I get my Otterbox.

12. fullthrottle

fullthrottle New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just got mine its not slick like every1 describes it to be at least IMO. I think the texture on the back gives it a good feel for grip but it does feel sort of sleek not too bad where it would slip out of my hand that easily. It snaps on & off fairly easily and i highly doubt that thing is gona come off if my phone hits the ground b/c of the position of the clips they have and how many it has. Also if u have a right angle usb, it will NOT fit in the charger b/c of the the rubber port butt I managed to cut a lil bit off each sides of the port and made enough room for my wire without it even being noticeable since the rubber has a very thick and durable feel. Hope this helps some1.. thinkin about makin a full on review for this probably a video

#36 fullthrottle, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
Search tags for this page
droid 4 otterbox
droid 4 otterbox waterproof
otterbox droid 3 waterproof

otterbox for droid

otterbox for droid 1
otterbox for verizon droid

otterbox.com/case-instructions

water proof otter box for droid bionic

www.otterbox.com/case-instructions