Otterbox for Droid

Guide Pit

Reaction score
The best deal I found for the Otterbox 1900 was on eBay. I got mine for $30 (shipping included). Droid fits awesome. I have yet to actually give the case a test run.

did that come with the strap on the back? (im guessing not), but if you dont need the strap then yea you can find some deals on evil bay :D and when i checked there they only had the black one i kinda like the yellow it shows it off more :))

Yes it did. I bought from ebay because I like the all black better.

mandalore04

Reaction score
Otterbox

I recently got the otterbox for the moto droid but maybe it's just me and my OCD but does it look like it makes small scratches on the top and bottom of the phone where it slides?:motdroidhoriz:

Last edited:

spoooon

Reaction score
I recently got the otterbox for the moto droid but maybe it's just me and my OCD but does it look like it makes small scratches on the top and bottom of the phone where it slides?:motdroidhoriz:

Just noticed that. Kind of irritating. :D

JimmyD

Reaction score

Just noticed that. Kind of irritating. :D

That's odd.... I don't have this issue with my Otterbox case. Maybe you guys could file down like .1 millimeters of the part on the Otterbox thats scraping your phone?

mandalore04

Reaction score
After doing some experiments with and without the case i discovered that if you slide the phone from either end it drags with or without the case so spooooon it's actually just normal wear and tear not your case

DirtySouth

Reaction score
I just got the Otterbox case from Newegg last weekend. Coming from the Body-Glove, I like the Otterbox case a whole lot more. It's not as bulky and slips in and out of my pocket much easier.

Pros: Looks Great, Less bulky than Body-Glove, Fit & finish is great, No squeaks and creeks like the Body-glove
Cons: Slick surface and can slip out of hand easier. The rubber edging around the plastic case doesn't form fit perfectly.

Anticitizen

Reaction score
I am using the Otterbox case. I like it. Not too bulky, the inside is soft rubber, and it has flap/gasket things that cover the charge port and headphone jack.

sporket

Reaction score
I recieved my Otterbox 3 weeks ago and tonight i found the screen guard broken in the top right corner. Not too pleased. I'll call Otterbox and see if they can replace it. The thing also, has a bad squeak. So far not pleased.

BKS

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Otterbox or the Innocase will work & fit with the Verizon holster?

sporket

Reaction score
The Otterbox will not fit the Verizon holster. I don't have your answer to the Innocase. But Seidio make a nice clip holster that will work best with their case.

orangepeel

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Otterbox or the Innocase will work & fit with the Verizon holster?

They both will fit in my Verizin case,but the Otterbox is tight...really tight...though it has gotten much better after using it s few weeks.

nameuser

Reaction score
the otterbox is an amazing case for the droid!!! I work at cellairis in a mall, which is a cell phone accessory business and I get to have the latest case on the market. the otter box add only a little bulk for the protection it provides. it doesnt have a holster or a clip like the body glove but an easy fix to that is a swivel clip that uses double sided sticky tap instead of screws or inserts. i love this case, it does great work keep dirt and stuff out of my charger port and headphone jack. I just got a new case in though you all might want to check called a shellster. i dont know if you can buy them online yet but you can get them at a Cellairs which is in 650 malls!! they are hard cases with rubber textures and they come with holsters!!! when its in the holster, the face goes in so you dont have to worry about hitting the screen. check them out!

03426.jpg

03605.jpg

Elitimus

Reaction score
Just an FYI. Amazon has the otterbox commuter on sale for 22.99. Just bought one because the rubber coating on my body glove is peeling off. I also dropped it once and the back plate is not tight anymore. Any...seemed to be a good deal. Thought I'd share.

Amazon Otterbox Commuter

Elitimus

BKS

Reaction score
the otterbox is an amazing case for the droid!!! I work at cellairis in a mall, which is a cell phone accessory business and I get to have the latest case on the market. the otter box add only a little bulk for the protection it provides. it doesnt have a holster or a clip like the body glove but an easy fix to that is a swivel clip that uses double sided sticky tap instead of screws or inserts. i love this case, it does great work keep dirt and stuff out of my charger port and headphone jack. I just got a new case in though you all might want to check called a shellster. i dont know if you can buy them online yet but you can get them at a Cellairs which is in 650 malls!! they are hard cases with rubber textures and they come with holsters!!! when its in the holster, the face goes in so you dont have to worry about hitting the screen. check them out!

03426.jpg

03605.jpg

Hmmmm....The one you have pictured is identical to the one from Verizon they gave me when I purchased my Droid. Maybe Shellster is the original manufacturer and Verizon uses them and just repackages in their boxes. ????

monsterman

Reaction score

03426.jpg

03605.jpg

Hmmmm....The one you have pictured is identical to the one from Verizon they gave me when I purchased my Droid. Maybe Shellster is the original manufacturer and Verizon uses them and just repackages in their boxes. ????

I agree thats the same as the VZW case. you can find them on evil bay for like $10 NEW Motorola Droid Smartphone Shell/Holster Combo - eBay (item 260598797530 end time Jun-06-10 07:23:43 PDT)

I have one of these and it works well. It should fit the Seidio case with no problem as their case is about exactly the same size and the cheap rubberized cases you can get on ebay (i have a neon green one). I personally like this case better than the Seidio holster. the Seidio has that retarded latch thing on the top that sticks out, and if your shirt gets caught on it or something your phone could easily fall out. this (VZW) holster you have to actually slide the phone down in it. It's not just being held at the bottom and by that goofy latch on the top of the Seidio.