otterbox defender

music_man185

Reaction score
what is the easiest way to remove the phone from the holster? most other defender holsters have the release button that lets the phone out. the razr/maxx holster is missing this. the only way i have found is to pry the phone from the holster by both corners of the holster one at a time. kinda difficult when holster is on your hip.

Squeak87

Reaction score
what is the easiest way to remove the phone from the holster? most other defender holsters have the release button that lets the phone out. the razr/maxx holster is missing this. the only way i have found is to pry the phone from the holster by both corners of the holster one at a time. kinda difficult when holster is on your hip.

I had the same issue with mine and after a 2 weeks the port cover on top fell off. I reverted to my old case and holster which is less protective but way easier to handle.

(Droid Razr Maxx <<ICS .215>>)

vakharia

Reaction score
Droid Maxx defender case

I simply cannot get the Otterbox defender off the Droid Maxx now.
Today morning, I put the phone in the case for the first time and realized that that there is some play between the factory screen protector and the Otterbox screen protector.
So the film gets depressed a bit and gives a plastic feel. The touch screen is hardly responsive.

Now, I thought of removing the Otterbox and then removing the factory screen protector and try.

But, this thing is impossible to get off, it seems.

I have now, chipped off the nail of my right hand middle finger and my right thumb is actually bleeding.

My left thumb is sore as well.

In the process, there are two of those small tabs which have broken from middle. (not the tab-like thing that sticks out of the case, but those which are locking in the sides and the tops -six of those).

I followed the instructions on the previous pages, but still no vain.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
OK.. You see the big tabs on he corners.. Those are the key to getting it off.. Be careful... But also.. The first few times you take the defender off.. It's tuff..

But you need to unlock those tabs around the corners.. One side at a time.. And it also has latches in the top and bottom.. Hope this helps.. And good luck.

bubbanbrenda

Reaction score
I have also "heard" that the belt clip from the Droid X defender will hold the Razr Maxx commuter, but haven't tried it yet.
Sorry, it appears I didn't know what I was talking about. It's not the first time. From viewing the videos on the Otterbox site I was under the impression that except for the plastic screen protector and holster, the two cases' design was identical.

Last edited: