otterbox defender

steeveegee

Reaction score
I just got one and it don't fit my phone. The box says it is right but it don't fit. I can't snap it together with the phone in it.

mine was a bit tight when i got it as well i think it was because of the foam inside
anyway after using it a while its fine
try and squeeze it in there if not return it to the store you bought it from
or contact otterbox they have excellent customer service
I'm sure they would ship you a replacement if the store wont give you one
i had an issue with the clip on the holster for my droid x snapping
all i had to do was email them a picture of the broken clip and they shipped me a new one within a week or so

http://www.otterbox.com/support/support,default,pg.html

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Otter box is awesome, I just had to call them today, I ordered a new defender for the new maxx that's on the way, and I asked about cracking on the latch pieces of my current defender, from taking it off and putting it back on, they didn't ask any questions, nor did I say anything further, they're sending me out a replacement for the current case too.

I'm floored, I didn't have to provide proof or anything.

Thank you Otterbox, for standing by your products!!!!! I have defenders on all of my phones, and will continue to put them on future phones!!

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Otterbox has always had top notch customer service. It's one of the reasons I don't hesitate to buy their cases.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Otterbox has always had top notch customer service. It's one of the reasons I don't hesitate to buy their cases.

This is the first time I've ever had ANY sort of issue with an otterbox defender. And I have them on my DX, DX 2, Bionic, and RAZR MAXX, and another on the way for my new MAXX.

That's how well they hold up!!! You're dead on JSM!!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Lol, yes the other reason would be the quality which I did not mention. Anyway, the only one I ever had trouble with was for the D1 but that had to do with the fact it was a slider and the shape of it was inconsistent from device to device from what I understand.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lol, yes the other reason would be the quality which I did not mention. Anyway, the only one I ever had trouble with was for the D1 but that had to do with the fact it was a slider and the shape of it was inconsistent from device to device from what I understand.

I missed the first generation droids. I was using RIP, I mean RIM at the time. We all make mistakes, at least I learned from mine lmao

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have a complaint, its a small complaint but I feel its potentially one that can be fixed.

The speaker opening at the top of the screen protector of the defender for the maxx, is a bit too open and allows small particles and bits of debris to get under the cases screen protector.

Not a deal breaker, just an observation. I still love the case

Last edited:

Caesars

Reaction score
Turn the phone around with face out. My son had the same problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Mine fits properly in with the face out and face in, of course it's still a pain to take the actual phone out lol.

DaveTheRave

Reaction score
I also got the Otterbox Defender case for my Droid Razr Maxx. I like it, but I can't get the case apart to get the phone out.

Does anyone have any input on the best way? (Apart from breaking it open, and pleading with Otterbox to send me a new case.)

DaveTheRave

Reaction score
Holy crap! After monkeying with it for 10-15 minutes, I finally managed to pry one side open. Then, continued prying along the top and bottom, until, finally - snap! And the case didn't even break!

One word of warning to others... If you do this, do it over a soft surface. The phone might just pop out of your hands.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's a PITA ... the little tabs on each corner that stick out (the ones with the little round indentation that snaps into the plastic belt holder) you have to use your fingernail to pull them back. Start at the top right corner, pull the little tab back, then pop the corner where the speaker jack is first. Then do the same thing to pop the top left corner. Then you have to ease your way down the middle on the sides, then pop the bottom corners. But the key is those little tabs on the side, you have to pull them back just far enough to get it to pop apart. I know because I JUST got done doing it to clean the screen protector on mine. :icon_eek:

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had to do it the first time while on the phone with Verizon. The very first thing I did when I got it was put it in the case. Then had problems activating it and had to call them (on that phone) and figure out how to get it out with them on speakerphone. I cut my thumb in the process LOL :biggrin:

DaveTheRave

Reaction score
Thanks! I hope someone who needs it will find this thread and save their fingernails, phone &/or sanity from damage! :)

On a related note... Do you (or anyone) think the clear plastic cover that came with the Defender is worth keeping? It's a little bent, and the glue that holds it in place is not very strong (has come out in a few spots). I'm thinking of tossing it, and just using a screen protector I got in the Verizon store. I think using both might be a bit much. Thoughts?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think they named it "Defender" because that seems to be what the case does against all attackers :blink:

I hope the thing doesn't develop adaptive memory, would suck if the World were to end at the "hands" of a race of phone cases:icon_eek:

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks! I hope someone who needs it will find this thread and save their fingernails, phone &/or sanity from damage! :)

On a related note... Do you (or anyone) think the clear plastic cover that came with the Defender is worth keeping? It's a little bent, and the glue that holds it in place is not very strong (has come out in a few spots). I'm thinking of tossing it, and just using a screen protector I got in the Verizon store. I think using both might be a bit much. Thoughts?

As long as you use some sort of screen protector ... but then again I am VERY protective of my phone. A few dollars for a screen protector to protect the screen of a high dollar phone, I say yeah, it's worth it. :)