Otterbox Defender for Razr

satarecah

Reaction score
Nonono... I'm prettysure there aren't any knockoffs. What Saturn was saying, is a very real problem with the Otterbox protectors. I live with mine simply because I don't want to buy an invisible shield since I already have a screen protector.

there is too knock offs trust me lmao... ive seen them in the mall at the little stands for 10 bucks it says otterbox but it aint no otter box...

Reaction score
Just got mine. Guys, this case is not as big as I've heard. You'll really enjoy it's sleek feel while protected.

Sent from my iPhone (soon to be RAZR) using Tapatalk

motaumar

Reaction score
Did you grey the defender or commuter?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

got2strum

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I just upgraded to the Razr last Sat. and purchased an Otterbox Defender the next day. The case seems very protective and I would assume more shock proof than most ? My only complaints thus far with the Otterbox are that the thin silicone strip between the ear phone and the hdmi/mini usb seems to raise up a bit, and the case is definitely a dust magnet. I don't have another screen protector under the defender and I seem to be cleaning it every other day or so to get the dust off from in between the built in protector and the phone. also, I suppose its not a huge deal but the screen is definitely not as brilliant as it was with no protector either. Not even close I.M.H.O. I also bought a rocketfish hard poly case that barely changes the size of the device. I am thinking of trying that with a regular screen protector. The Zagg's seem durable but I think some others may be much more clear? Any suggestions/preferences there? Sorry for the long first post. Just thought I'd try and add a totally honest opinion. Glad to be here, look forward to learning lots from the site.

Chd836

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I just upgraded to the Razr last Sat. and purchased an Otterbox Defender the next day. The case seems very protective and I would assume more shock proof than most ? My only complaints thus far with the Otterbox are that the thin silicone strip between the ear phone and the hdmi/mini usb seems to raise up a bit, and the case is definitely a dust magnet. I don't have another screen protector under the defender and I seem to be cleaning it every other day or so to get the dust off from in between the built in protector and the phone. also, I suppose its not a huge deal but the screen is definitely not as brilliant as it was with no protector either. Not even close I.M.H.O. I also bought a rocketfish hard poly case that barely changes the size of the device. I am thinking of trying that with a regular screen protector. The Zagg's seem durable but I think some others may be much more clear? Any suggestions/preferences there? Sorry for the long first post. Just thought I'd try and add a totally honest opinion. Glad to be here, look forward to learning lots from the site.

I just bought these screen protectors. If you buy them off of Ebay or Amazon through SGP Store you can get free shipping. Also, I had this screen protector on my OG Droid and 1 protector lasted the lifetime of the phone.

SGP Motorola DROID RAZR Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series - DROID RAZR - Motorola - Cell Phones

motaumar

Reaction score
I got my otterbox commuter today its actually really good didn't make the phone a fat as I thought. The only problem I had was soorner tiny air bubbles under the screen protector

rogerthat227

Reaction score
Have the Otterbox commuter case as well. The only possible drawback of it for some people might be the slippery back. Other than that I think its fantastic protection, without being a complete dust magnet and without changing the slimness of the phone too drastically. Also, I think the defender may be a bit more annoying when it comes to putting it in, pulling it out of pockets.

motaumar

Reaction score
The slippery back isn't even as bad as I thought and yeah I noticed the dust lol that's fine

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
So when I went to Verizon yesterday and swapped for a working much better brand new Razr(lol) I looked at the cases...Hmmmm..I like the otterbox accessories thing but in my opinion its just so bulky...I mean don't get me wrong I have one on one of my other phones (fascinate) and its almost as thin and looks OK but really fattens it up..So from someone that's actually using one, is it any thinner on the Razr? I didn't get the chance to try it on..lol I do like the shell holster combo..even have one of the anti glare screen protectors on it.(which I don't care for) But just going the extra mile I guess..lol Which by the way, these are scratch resistant and takes a good effort to scratch but they WILL crack. I already had my first Razr call...lol Cracked screen...lol So I'm trying to take care but so far I've never scratched any phone I've ever had. And I've never used protectors..Just these shell holsters and cases that clip on the belt. Guess I'm always aware of where its at and try to take care as much as possible lol I don't want to waste parts or labor on my own devices..lol Peace!

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have had the Commuter case since day one and wouldn't be without it. I would never go with the Defender because it adds more bulk and has the silicon rubber all over the outside, which makes it harder to get in out of pocket and attracts lint/dust like crazy. The commuter add not that much bulk while still making the device feel really protected in case of an accidental fall (which do happen). Plus it makes the power and volume button easier to use and more pronounced. Bottom line is it helps me sleep better at night know my baby is protected in its special shell.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had the Commuter case since day one and wouldn't be without it. I would never go with the Defender because it adds more bulk and has the silicon rubber all over the outside, which makes it harder to get in out of pocket and attracts lint/dust like crazy. The commuter add not that much bulk while still making the device feel really protected in case of an accidental fall (which do happen). Plus it makes the power and volume button easier to use and more pronounced. Bottom line is it helps me sleep better at night know my baby is protected in its special shell.

That must be what's on my Fascinate..black box with rubber outer protector with rubber button covers too..lol I don't mind it on the fascinate as its a very thin and fragile phone. The other phones including the Razr I've used shell holsters..but I think I just might take a close look at the commuter case and see how thick it is..I hope the screen protector built in isn't as thick as the old one on my Fascinate...I may just get one for those days I may be building or you know, hiking or riding motorcycles or dirt bike...then it wouldn't matter how thick..lol thanks bro for the feedback..peace!

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The Commuter case does not have the built in screen protector that is the Defender. The Commuter case does come with a screen protector but it is one you just put on the screen like normal and is plain not one of those anti glare crap ones.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Commuter case does not have the built in screen protector that is the Defender. The Commuter case does come with a screen protector but it is one you just put on the screen like normal and is plain not one of those anti glare crap ones.

That's sounding great! Ill order one. Would be nice if there was a transparent one. Love the phones natural look!

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I take mine out of the case every week to blow out any dirt that might settle behind the case to prevent scratching. And I really love seeing it in its natural form, makes me almost not want to put the Ottorbox on it.