Otterbox Defender for Razr

vonfink13

Reaction score
There is absolutely no way I would put a case or screen protector on my razr....the design and feel of this thing is so amazing I would not want to cover it ....my og Droid lasted 2 years completely naked....and my razr will too...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

gmtekk

Reaction score
phone is way to sexy the way it is!...use it and abuse it!, thats why i bought best buys unlimited exchanges for ten bucks a month!..only thing they dont cover is lose. but snap it in half or whatever and they give me another one.

bsmith0731

Reaction score
I had a screen protector on my but it does it no justice. This screen is so beautiful without it.

sent from my Droid RAZR. 1st android after almost 4 years with apple.

Reaction score
Oh yes. Easy to clean but it is a lint magnet. You can even see lint in my pics I posted.

Gotcha. Can you leave the screen protector out from the assembly? It seems so on one YouTube video I saw. While I don't care about how thin, etc., the razr is, I do agree with others on this thread about leaving the screen as is.

Mark_79

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any sound degradation at all. Speaker and earpiece both work great with the Defender.

Posted from the RAZR's edge

Ansa82

Reaction score
I ordered an Otterbox Defender and put it on the other day and I have to say this is the best case ever created. The rubber casing under the hard plastic case fits together so well on the Razr most people cannot tell it has a case on it. Highly recommend the Otterbox Defender case, plus now my phone is virtually indestructible.

Wish I could try it. I ordered it from Amazon about 3 weeks ago. I was told it would be in stock & ship the week razr was released. After a few days I got an automated message from amazon telling me they were put of stock and my order was cancelled. Bummed.

Deron

Reaction score
Gotcha. Can you leave the screen protector out from the assembly? It seems so on one YouTube video I saw. While I don't care about how thin, etc., the razr is, I do agree with others on this thread about leaving the screen as is.

I pushed the Otterbox's screen cover out of the plastic inner case before I put the phone into the Otterbox. That was the only part of the Otterbox I did not like. So yes you can use the Defender case without their built in screen protector. Besides, the Otterbox screen cover is anti glare and makes the touch screen less sensitive.

Now, I put a clear screen protector from Verizon on the phone's screen before i stuck it in the Otterbox and the screen looks clear and crisp, while having an added layer of anti scratch protection.

Deron

Reaction score
Quick question. Does this case hinder its sound output at all?

Not that I noticed. I used the phone for about 5 days before I got Otterbox and the sound seems the same before and after.

Reaction score
Another one confirmed, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone (soon to be RAZR) using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I pushed the Otterbox's screen cover out of the plastic inner case before I put the phone into the Otterbox. That was the only part of the Otterbox I did not like. So yes you can use the Defender case without their built in screen protector. Besides, the Otterbox screen cover is anti glare and makes the touch screen less sensitive.

Now, I put a clear screen protector from Verizon on the phone's screen before i stuck it in the Otterbox and the screen looks clear and crisp, while having an added layer of anti scratch protection.

Thanks! Will def try what you did when my phone arrives via mail

Reaction score
I pushed the Otterbox's screen cover out of the plastic inner case before I put the phone into the Otterbox.

Was the screen protector an easy removal?

Hermes

Reaction score
I bought the Otterbox Commuter case for my Razr. So far I love it. It came with a nice screen protector too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bought the Otterbox Commuter case for my Razr. So far I love it. It came with a nice screen protector too.

Screen protector is good, or do you think getting another one would be better?