otterbox commuter users, hdmi/mini usb plug is driving me nutz!!

hemi1300

Reaction score
received my otterbox commuter case today and really like the fit and feel of this case. My only concern is the hdmi/mini usb rubber plug doesn't fit like crap. Anyone else have this issue, does it seat a little better after having the case on for a few days? Thinkin about just cutting the plug off, but thought i would ask first

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
Yes, my plug cover flips in and out/off and on,too. I thought about cutting it off but decided to keep it.for the most part it stays, covering the plugs, but comes off easily. It stays in enough to give it a few more weeks before cutting it off.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Cunha

Reaction score
Give it a chance and then cut it off. It will only mean less interferance when you are charging your phone, so why not? Less protection and less annoyance and irritation. Its your case and when you are done with it it will be trash anyways, so make it work for you. I have one coming and we'll see what I do with that cover.

OP
H

hemi1300

Reaction score
well i think i figured it out!! Got home from work (had my phone i my pocket), pulled my phone out the the plug was completely seated in, flush with the sides of the case!! I was so excited and thought to myself, how did this happen? Messed around with the plug for a few seconds and found out that if u put the plug in where it's still hanging out a bit, squeeze the sides of it to bow the middle out a bit, along with a slight push, voila!! Seats perfectly in. Not sure if it will work with your guys commuter cases, but give it a try. Can't understand how i was sitting there holding my hand tight on the plug to see if it would stay put, and it would not. Then i just squeeze the sides the smallest amount, and it slips right in

Freezetron

Reaction score
I noticed it pretty finicky with mine as well. Thought about cutting off that slight tab on the outside to keep it from coming loose all the time when I rub against it

jbcant

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the commute will fit in a Verizon leather holster or is it too big?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Cunha

Reaction score
Probably a bit on the too big side.

Guys - I just got a commuter via mail order from verizon and the HDMI and charger cover is not there. They also don't include the screen protector (effers) The lack of hdmi/charger cover is kinda nice though, because I was wary of it.