Otterbox case vs Seidio case

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm excited that it doesn't add friction, I've read that a few places. I had the Body Glove for a while and hated that added resistance.

I can't wait for this thing to show up lol

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I'm excited that it doesn't add friction, I've read that a few places. I had the Body Glove for a while and hated that added resistance.

I can't wait for this thing to show up lol

If you dont have a screen protector give theirs a try, its not bad.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well my Droid currently has a crack in the upper right corner (from the A in motorola to the top right) and a couple chips on the screen. So if I put a screen protector on it, there WILL be bubbles because of those imperfections.

The accident that caused that damage is what made me want a nice case. Once I get the case, I'll wait a while and then get an insurance replacement and use the screen protector on that one. No point in putting it on this screen, thats like trying to polish a turd.

But to the Droid's credit, even with the crack and chips, the screen works 100% and looks find still and the hard hit had NO impact on the slide or how the phone functions. It took the hit like a champ, with only a little black eye. lol

Reaction score
Every time I pull the phone out of my pocket with the Otterbox it almost seems that she wants to play slip and slide. My hands are dirty and wet due to the type of work I do. The stickiness of the body glove was soooo awesome. The entire touchable part of this case is slick. But I do like the rubber rocker covers. Makes changing volume and camera use so much easier. I just wish it was grippier like the BG. But i'm getting a blackberry with the defender for work. This'll be better.

fenriswolf039

Reaction score
What at first appeared to be a scratch on my slider from the Seidio case, turns out to be merely a scuff, and with a little rubbing it comes off. Maybe it's residue from the rubbery coating rubbing against the metal?

It's not scratched though, even though earlier I said it was. I hadn't really looked too closely at it until just now.

jcrome04

Reaction score
I also own both the Seidio Innocase, and Otterbox. I don't know what all the fuss is about.

My Seidio case snaps on/off easier than any case I've EVER had for ANY phone/device.

The Otterbox is pretty easy too. I however DO NOT like the slick plastic feel to it. There is NO grip to it. Easier to drop, slides all over. And sometimes the charging port plug gets in my way :D

My money goes to Seidio

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I also own both the Seidio Innocase, and Otterbox. I don't know what all the fuss is about.

My Seidio case snaps on/off easier than any case I've EVER had for ANY phone/device.

The Otterbox is pretty easy too. I however DO NOT like the slick plastic feel to it. There is NO grip to it. Easier to drop, slides all over. And sometimes the charging port plug gets in my way :D

My money goes to Seidio

I like the case simply because it fits great. and I am considering cutting the port covers off.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
5/25/2010 4:55 AM CARSON, CA, US Departed from Terminal

Damn DHL not updating its tracking info often enough. It's been like 30 hours since then LOL

israel

Reaction score
So I have been debating these two cases as well and went to the accessory kiosk in the mall to see if they had either. (I'd rather pop a case on my phone to see how it feels as opposed to taking my chances ordering via the interweb.) No go on the Seidio, but they did have the Otterbox, which I was leaning towards anyway. I don't know if it was just a defective unit (they only had one so I couldn't compare) but the faceplate kept popping off after sliding the keyboard in and out a few time. Has anyone else had similar issues?
I prefer silicone-type cases but I'm really drawn to the port covers as they tend to get pretty linty from my pockets. Does anyone know of any other cases with this feature?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the OtterBox and I love it. My front piece hasn't budged since I put it on. It is on there very tight. I also use my keyboard A LOT so it would have happened by now if it was going to happen. The one you saw had to have been defective somehow.

I love the port covers also, I don't think I've seen any other cases with this feature. I also like that this case is a silicone case AND a hard case so it offers double the protection and is honestly less bulky than a Body Glove case.

So yeah, I recommend it lol

israel

Reaction score
Thanks for the info/ reassurance! I've been totes wanting the Otterbox so its good to know its a decent product before dropping thirty bux or whatev on Amazon. I'll likely buy it and will be sure to post my review here afterwards. Thanks again!

mrgoochio

Reaction score
I just purchased a droid from wirefly's weekend deal and made the jump to pickup an otterbox too.. I ordered from amazon from the SF Planet vendor.. Ive been looking through the stores and I'm pretty sure its the cheapest on amazon at $22.16 including tax/shipping for 3-5day standard shipping. Still waiting for my phone/case. I looked into the seidio and the zagg invisible shield but ultimately went with the otterbox b/c the zagg full body is ridiculous to apply and the otterbox's build looks better than seidio. Awesome thing is that the otterbox includes a screen protector as part of their package.