otter box

thomas1984

Reaction score
Any one using a otter box on there razr? how does it feel/look can you post a pic of it?

hiimjered

Reaction score
I'm using the defender. It weighs more than the phone, doubles its thickness, but makes me feel very secure. It even covers the input jacks and has a built-in screen protector.

Unfortunately the screen protectors distorts the image slightly - creates a pixelated or sparkly effect. It also makes the phone HUGE, especially compared to my OG Droid.

I ordered a different case, but this one will still get use when I'm hiking, working in the shop or doing any other similar activities.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am using the commuter, and it is perfect for me. Does not add to much to the phone and feels much more protected. I like the plastic shell being more out the outside rather than the rubber so it comes in and out of the pocket easier. The only complaint I do have is that the rubber that does stick out attracts stuff from my pockets like crazy. Other than that the case is perfect for my needs.

Deron

Reaction score
Went to verizon store and tried both. I did not like the commuter case because the outside is plastic and very slippery in my hands. Although the defender case is bulkier than commuter, its outermost case is rubberized and ribbed on the back to make the phone much grippier. I can easily hold it in one hand now and not worry about dropping it. I did push out the antireflective screen protector from the defender case and am using a regular clear screen protector from verizon. I actually like the look of it now that I'm use to it, although it changes the look of the phone completely. Please note that the defender case takes quite a bit of effort to remove or put back on, so this is not a case you will want to be using if you want to easily remove your naked phone. Once the case is on, it's meant to stay on for a long while.

Unable to find my camera and cannot take a pic of the case with my own phone. But the otterbox website has some good pics.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

Deron

Reaction score
Here are pics of the Droid Razr in the Otterbox Defender case. You like the lint on the back of it? At least I cleaned off the peanut butter from when I grabbed it eating breakfast.

Sorry, but the pics rotated 90 degrees. Don't know why tapatalk does that.

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You can see what I mean about the pocket lint from his pictures. That is why I like the commuter better since only the corners are rubber and the rest is the hard plastic. It can be slippery though as mentioned before but just have to be careful and keep a good grip on it.

Deron

Reaction score
You can see what I mean about the pocket lint from his pictures. That is why I like the commuter better since only the corners are rubber and the rest is the hard plastic. It can be slippery though as mentioned before but just have to be careful and keep a good grip on it.

I will admit that it takes extra effort putting in and taking out of my pocket because of the grippy exterior of the Otterbox Defender case. However, it's worth it to me in order to prevent slippage. I don't want it slipping out of my hands or pocket.

breedingh8

Reaction score
I will admit that it takes extra effort putting in and taking out of my pocket because of the grippy exterior of the Otterbox Defender case. However, it's worth it to me in order to prevent slippage. I don't want it slipping out of my hands or pocket.

Ditched my otter keep going from no case to the slick silicon one

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Man took my phone out of the Ottorbox since I got it, had it in the case before I left the store. I forgot how freaking sexy this thing is "naked", if I was not afraid I would drop it the first time I got out of my truck I would totally roll without a case. Still after blowing off my Ottorbox with compressed air to keep little dust particles from scratching the phone it is going back into its protective condom. Remember kids always use protection, while 18 years of child support is bad, there are things that stick with you for life. A little public service announcement for the youngsters.