Otter Box Defender vs Innocase Rugged

Dragnz24

Reaction score
Okay folks I know i am a noob here and I dont even have my DX yet, but since I want to go ahead and get a case on the way so it is not going unprotected.

Otter Box Defender vs Innocase Rugged

yesh i know they are both bulky but that does not really matter to me. I am after the protection they add. I am an avid offroader so you can just thing about a ridding in the woods with no doors, no top, and hitting big a$$ rocks. Protection is what i need.

chazall1

Reaction score
I just ordered the Otterbox Defender. I like the additional protection of the phone and buttons. I will let you know how I like it next week when it get delivered!

DrSarcasmo

Reaction score
I have the Rugged and I love it. I really like the fact that it is 2 cases in 1. If I need less bulk for some reason, I can remove the heavier outer armor and still have a nice thinner case on the phone. The thinner case fits in the dock (after I dremeled off the tab on the right for my old Verizon clear case).

The heaver outer case I use everyday. It does have bulk but so does the Otterbox. I like the fact that the Rugged is open and doesn't have a built in screen protector. I have a separate screen protector and dust from the desert won't get stuck under the protector like it might on the Otterbox's built in protector.

The Otterbox has beveled edges so it is easier to reach the edges of the screen with your fingers. The Rugged has a more vertical lip so it takes a little while to get used to that. Now it is second nature to me. If you have big fingers though, you might have more trouble accessing the edges than the Rugged.

In the end though, I love my Rugged and would not switch to the Otterbox. I am a happy customer.

cpjr

Reaction score
I bought the Rugged, put it on my phone and took it off in less than an hour. I bought the Otterbox Commuter and LOVE it.

IMHO otterbox makes better cases. They are just more solid, better built. Ive owned many seidio cases and otterbox cases in the past.

Thats just my opinion. Dont get me wrong I have used and liked many seidio cases as well.

sporlan

Reaction score
OK, put your phone in the Otter box and snap it into the case. Hold the clip and pull the corner of the phone. The Otter cover snaps right out onto the floor. Now do the same with the Seidio. Not a chance. I am a contractor and rub against equipment all day. The Otter cover failed for me. Good luck.

OP
D

Dragnz24

Reaction score
so 2 votes Seidio
1 vote Otter.

Anyone else?

I don't know if has been shown but a question about the seidio is the screen protector. from what i have read it looks like it just like any other screen protector right?

b_wat

Reaction score
I have the seidio rugged I like the fact that its 2 cases in one and the protection is ok I just received my otterbox defender and I got to say it is well in my opinion I like it alot better than the seidio case it feels more solid and I haven't had a problem with it coming out of the holster/clip or whatever you want to call it like stated above that person might just have a defective case who know but my vote goes to the otterbox defender