Otter box case

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just got my otterbox in the mail. I like the way it feels, not as bulky as the bodyglove. It feels like it will last longer and its easy to remove. I like the covers for all the buttons and ports. The only complaint is how slick the case feels; it feels like it will fall out of my hand.

I have had 3 cases so far. 2 bodygloves and now a otterbox. The bodyglove gets a 3/10 in my book. They cost 25 bucks and last about 3 months (especially if you are rooted and love flashing roms, its a pain to do a battery pull). The otter box is bulky and is not durable. The body glove does its job, but its not worth 25 bucks.
Otterbox have a good reputation; so far I like it but we will see if it lasts longer then the body glove. So far I give it a 7/10 because of the covers, how easy it is to remove, and the over all look. But I am docking 3 points for the feel as far as being to slick.

Kelvin

Reaction score
I have had my Otterbox for over a month now - it replaced a Seidio that I purchased in March when I picked up my Droid.

The Seidio did not survive a fall - the tabs inside broke off. I liked the texture and size of it a lot - the negative was after a couple of weeks of taking off the back cover - it didn't fit as snug. I had planned to pick up the appropriate dock, just waited too long I guess.

The Otterbox is great because no matter how many times I take the back cover off for docks or battery changes, it still is a snug fit. Never had a problem putting on the screen protector. Overall, glad I decided on the Otterbox (have used their products for travel humidors - also great.)

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I gotta say, these reviews and comparisons - Otter Box, Body Glove and Seidio - have been interesting and *very* informative. I started out with Body Glove, in early January and by mid-May, that case was falling apart. Probably because of the numerous battery pulls that went with the rooting process for me. I moved to Seidio, and am now pretty sure I'll pick up an Otter Box - and I thank ALL posters for giving me insight into all three brands that I didn't have before.

Thanks Guys! :)

-Mike

AShade

Reaction score
Just replaced my Droid 1 with the Bionic. The Otterbox that I had on the D1 was great. I got the Otterbox Commuter for my Bionic and like it once it's on, but not nearly as easy to take on and off. It's 2 piece, on rubbery piece that goes on first and the hard plastic shell that goes over it. The rubbery part slips on easily enough, but the hard plastic is a bear to put on precisely. I had to put it on a couple of times before I got the fit precisely. The usual Otterbox covers are there for the charging & HDMI ports, on/off, earphone/speaker and volume. The problem is the the plastic shell has cut outs for the charging/HDMI ports, on/off and earphone/speaker ports that completely surrounds them, the volume cut out is open open on the front and doesn't present as big a problem. I had to hold the rubber in place, otherwise it would move as the plastic shell is being put in over it. Once on correctly, everything is great. I haven't taken it off since, but do believe that on and off will be easier now that I know what to do. Almost forgot to add, the included screen protector, is just a rectangle, it doesn't cover the entire screen, if put it to the top, which seems the most logical place, the bottom menu bar won't be covered, worthless imo. Your finger will feel the transition evertime you go across it and I'm afraid it will prematurely peel back at there point. I went right out and got the invisible shield.

Last edited: