Other then RSDlite work with Motorola...?

JustKid

Reaction score
Was just wondering if there was any other hardware software that works with the Droid 2 Globals other then RSDLite such as PST, P2K and such?
Haven't messed with phones much (as far as firmware, bootloaders, ect.) since the original V series Razors. We used to be able to make an .sbf of of our bootloaders and firmware back then and haven't been able to find any thing so far that allows that with the newer phones.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only SBF you can create sbf's for that won't brick your device is a nand unlocked phone. Which in Motorola's world is the Droid 1.

Sent from my XT862, while on the move.

OP
J

JustKid

Reaction score
Thanks Guidot for that tid bit, and yes I am thick some times how ever what makes the droid 1 So much different? They both use the same base for somftware dont they and type of hardware, is it cause a full read is not possible due to bootloader or some thing? Any how just trying to get a little bit more of an understanding of how these things are setup.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guidot for that tid bit, and yes I am thick some times how ever what makes the droid 1 So much different? They both use the same base for somftware dont they and type of hardware, is it cause a full read is not possible due to bootloader or some thing? Any how just trying to get a little bit more of an understanding of how these things are setup.

All Motorola bootloaders (save for the Droid 1) are signed and encrypted with 2048-bit encryption, which at this time, if you started hacking with bruteforce would take something like 100+ years to break I think.

Sent from my XT862, while on the move.

silverfang77

Reaction score
But we have faith that Motorola will honor their promise to unlock the bootloaders of future phones. *rolls eyes*