other than calling/texting, what are the differences between iphone and ipod touch?

itwerk

Reaction score
because if they're isn't any, why not just get a touch and use your droid to tether internet to it? WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN......?

OP
itwerk

itwerk

Reaction score
you text with the ipod thru AIM?

bomber889

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, there are apps that allow you to text with a number. Not through AIM or any instant messaging

OP
itwerk

itwerk

Reaction score
General Droid Discussion :icon_eek:

we're discussing droids tethering internet to devices. And this device that was exampled just happened to be an itouch.....lol

FootballRef

Reaction score
The Touch does not have a camera. The Touch does not have internet unless you use wi-fi.

These are two that I know off the top of my head. Since I have my Droid, I no longer have a use for my Touch.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
other than calling/texting, what are the differences between iphone and ipod touch? because if they're isn't any, why not just get a touch and use your droid to tether internet to it? WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN......?
What exactly is the point of this thread? Is the assumption that you already have a Droid to tether to? If so, why is the iPhone in consideration if calling isn't important? What's the perceived advantage to using data on a tethered iPod Touch when you could just use the Droid?

Otherwise, not wanting to carry multiple devices could be a reason. Calling/texting isn't the only reason people get the iPhone instead of the iPod Touch. It really depends on who you ask.

Last edited:

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
the Itouch is also much smaller/lighter than the iphone. I would never get the iphone cause of AT&T, but my Itouch has come in very hand for movies on road trips, and for making phone calls while i was in indonesia via skype.
Its perfect when you gou out of the country cause most places you can pay a fee to use their wifi, and then you make your calls for bout 0.02 per min. a lot cheaper than using your cell or phone cards. And you can get 6+ hours of movies on a single charge.