Other kernels always bootloop

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by scottfreeze, Mar 3, 2011.

1. scottfreeze

scottfreeze New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LGB 1.31 is a fantastic ROM, but my Droid is one of those that drops from 70% to 20% to 5% battery life in like 5 minutes (the drop from 100 to 70% seems to take the appropriate amount of time/usage). I am currently using the stock kernel, so to try to fix my problem, I tried to load a few different Slayher kernels and a P3D kernel, but all of these led to bootloops at the "M".

Then I found this post over in ChevyNo1's forum:

Chevy then proceeded to figure out what was wrong and release his own kernels that work for LGB. Here's my question... given whatever Chevy must have "fixed", does anyone know what do I need to do to be able to run, for example, a Slayher kernel under LGB 1.31?

Thanks,
    -Freeze

2. circsmonky

circsmonky Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The kernels we have are made for lgb. Gingerbread got real different behind the scenes. Lgb is a small rom file cause liquid trimmed the fat. As for other kernels working its hit or miss

Sent from the future through the space time continuum

3. scottfreeze

scottfreeze New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In that case, any suggestions on how to solve the battery problem I noted above?

4. BSchnur6

BSchnur6 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey scottfreeze,

The last few days I've had the same dilema. After some trial and error, I'm now lasting 14-16 hours + (depending on use) and still being at about 30% running chevy's 0.8 GHz LV Gingerbread Kernel. Slayer's kernels have done this same thing to my phone and couldn't figure out why, and since the release of Chevy's GB Kernels, I'm sticking with it because I haven't seen my phone ever run so well on a ROM/Kernel combination and it doesn't battery drop like it was doing before. I've Governor set on conservative at 125 and 800 with great response time, no lag issues, no redraws, nothing but perfection. Hope you can get your issue figured out and hope this gives you a little direction.

Search tags for this page

bootloop fix for continuum