OTA vs Manual Update - Browser Issue?

hajabooja

Reaction score
So I am just wondering if it is just the people that have done the manual update that are having this browser "lag". I know a lot of people aren't having it but its real and it is a problem. Browsing was so nice before and now its just ehh... comparatively speaking. This isn't a DROID COMPLAINT THREAD. Just a question...

atlharry

Reaction score
Hey mods, could we please have a poll with the following options?

- Manual Update - No browser jerkyness
- Manual Update - Browser jerkyness
- OTA - No browser jerkyness
- OTA - Browser jerkyness

Maybe we can find a pattern?

OP
H

hajabooja

Reaction score
Hey mods, could we please have a poll with the following options?

- Manual Update - No browser jerkyness
- Manual Update - Browser jerkyness
- OTA - No browser jerkyness
- OTA - Browser jerkyness

Maybe we can find a pattern?

That works for me... didn't think of that.

Newton122189

Reaction score
yeah, i did manual and have the lag too

edit: the only problem with this type of poll is that im not sure that everyone is testing the browser enough to know for sure if they have the choppiness, its not on all sites that the issue presents itself

Last edited:
Reaction score
This thread is pointless. The browser lag is common to all the updates, not just manual. The manual update is the exact same file taken from the exact same source as the OTA update, just a different install method. The lag is created by the way the browser renders images and such while moving. It is a known bug.

OP
H

hajabooja

Reaction score
This thread is pointless. The browser lag is common to all the updates, not just manual. The manual update is the exact same file taken from the exact same source as the OTA update, just a different install method. The lag is created by the way the browser renders images and such while moving. It is a known bug.

Ok then, if that is true then it is useless. However, I just thought it was weird that there were people reporting that they had no problem at all. Now, they may not pay attention or care as much as those of us with the bug. No need to get all excited about it. Just looking into the problem more.

Reaction score

Ok then, if that is true then it is useless. However, I just thought it was weird that there were people reporting that they had no problem at all. Now, they may not pay attention or care as much as those of us with the bug. No need to get all excited about it. Just looking into the problem more.

I understand the frustration with the bug, but it is a problem with the update, not how it is done. We will just have to wait for Google to fix it, and by the looks of the spam they are getting, it should be soon. Also, bugs do not always affect every unit, hence some of the lag free reports.

OP
H

hajabooja

Reaction score

I understand the frustration with the bug, but it is a problem with the update, not how it is done. We will just have to wait for Google to fix it, and by the looks of the spam they are getting, it should be soon. Also, bugs do not always affect every unit, hence some of the lag free reports.

:beer2: :motdroidhoriz: :beer2: Cheers!

bots

Reaction score
Yeah hopefully ATT and the apple fanbois don't see my browser until it gets fixed. It's embarrassing. I can just see that ATT douchebag from the commercials blabbing about how crappy the droid's browser is. Hopefully this gets fixed very soon. I wanna show off my droid to the apple fanbois, not hide it from them.

OP
H

hajabooja

Reaction score
Yeah hopefully ATT and the apple fanbois don't see my browser until it gets fixed. It's embarrassing. I can just see that ATT douchebag from the commercials blabbing about how crappy the droid's browser is. Hopefully this gets fixed very soon. I wanna show off my droid to the apple fanbois, not hide it from them.

Yeah I know what you are saying. But at the sametime.. I was showing a guy that I work with (who is an Apple fan boy) the new update. I did show him the browser lag and I was like yeah.. see how the scrolling is now... then he was like "yeah thats like the iphone". I was like yeah.. it was a lot smoother before lol. He admits that this phone is so much faster (in every way) than his iphone 3g.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
True. After all we were grabbing the file from google's servers.

Amen, I am tired of people trying to prove that the manual install is a failboat...

Yup. The problem people don't seem to understand is that the manual OTA update gets the update from the SAME file. This is how people figured out where it was. They noticed that it was getting the data from somewhere, so all they did was find it.

Newton122189

Reaction score
True. After all we were grabbing the file from google's servers.

Amen, I am tired of people trying to prove that the manual install is a failboat...

Yup. The problem people don't seem to understand is that the manual OTA update gets the update from the SAME file. This is how people figured out where it was. They noticed that it was getting the data from somewhere, so all they did was find it.

that makes sense, i just cant grasp why the bug only effects certain devices, if i was to reinstall the update is there a possibility it would fix it