OTA updates with Sholes 2.05?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by steveomatic, Feb 20, 2010.

1. steveomatic

steveomatic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use Sholes 2.05. When 2.1 starts pushing from Verizon through OTA, does Sholes 2.05 disable the updater? If it does not disable it will I have the option to not install the update?

If I do not have that option how can I keep Sholes 2.05 and not update but choose to do so at a later time?

Thanks.

2. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    This has been answered a billion times already.

Sholes/DroidMod involves disabling OTA updates. If you want 2.1, you'll have to revert to stock completely.

Most of us are going to wait until 2.1 drops, let the DroidMod team do their magic, and provide us with a rooted custom 2.1.

3. steveomatic

steveomatic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I must have missed the billion threads. I will make sure in the future I cancel my life so I can sit in front of my pc reading threads. Chill out dude!

4. joshua117

joshua117 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1
    also... yes this has been said as well but i'll say it anyway. if you update to 2.1 you will more than likely lose your root. so as stated above i would just wait and see what happens.

5. gnmitchell

gnmitchell Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1
    Looking forward to seeing how long it takes the Devs to root the 2.1 update

6. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Or you can make things simple and use the SEARCH feature....... :icon_ devil:

7. Droidguru

Droidguru Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The search button is so yesterday..... It's much easier to post a question and then get flamed. Perhaps we should just stop answering the questions and just put "search" and that will teach people to actually use it. If you are going to get an answer anyway then people will continue to do it.

8. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3

I cant tell if you're being serious, but I'm all for a little tough love on the forums. Usually I'm more of a jackass to people who don't try to help themselves, but I like you guys so I try to play nice.

9. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Well, it is kind of difficult to search specifically on this issue. Still I would expect this thread probably will be closed since it has been discussed so many times.

10. cmr

cmr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow! Friendly

So I just joined and wanted to search the forum before posting my first question and this is the thread I land on. I guess if you need to feel superior instead of helpful...... Hopefully I can go somewhere else and find an answer to my question.

11. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    First, I apologize if you mistook my remarks to be unfriendly. I admitted that it would probably be difficult to find an answer using the search. But the answer to the question was on the second post in this thread.

Nobody is attempting to feel superior to you. Hope you can put that perception behind you and give the forum a chance. Usually if you are brand new nobody will bite your head off telling you to use the search.

12. cmr

cmr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for responding because I am having a heck of a time with the search and didn't want to feel like I couldn't ask for help - love my new DROID and want to make the most of it!