OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

kamileon

Reaction score
My guess is VZW is going to roll out the updates like they did for the big Blackberry Storm update, it will be according to your phone number. But this of course is just speculation on my part.

silvere2

Reaction score
Uh, typing seems to be a lot easier for me, anyone else experience this? Especially on the portrait keyboard...I'm not sure if it's all in my head though.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The screen's SUPPOSED to go black when you're on a phone call. And I wanna know how the lock screen works too.

Yeah but its not suppose to stay black after you pull it away from your ear.
chuk you may want to uncheck the auto-dimming feature. It has cleared that issue on some devices.

CyBuzz

Reaction score
The screen's SUPPOSED to go black when you're on a phone call. And I wanna know how the lock screen works too.

I know its supposed to but when i take it off my ear it stays black some times so its a problem with the sensor, and i had problems like that with the speaker too

Happens to me too. Have to hit the power button to get the screen back to end a call.:icon_evil:

bennyj

Reaction score
My guess is VZW is going to roll out the updates like they did for the big Blackberry Storm update, it will be according to your phone number. But this of course is just speculation on my part.

Jesus I hope this is not the case!It took verizon 2 weeks to send me the update! I have had the same number for 10 years :)

No update yet here in so cal.

chuk1005

Reaction score
Yeah but its not suppose to stay black after you pull it away from your ear.

I've not had a single problem with this. Maybe there was a batch of bad sensors?

Maybe, I never had the problem until last weekend, in which i was on a long call and had another incoming call, then the screen stayed black when I tried to view the incoming call, and even after I ended the original call. I ended up having to power the phone of and back on to get it to work again.

kev83202

Reaction score
Us previous Storm users are all in AWE right now......an update already, and it's coming early!

chuk1005

Reaction score

masters

Reaction score
Curious if it's better to leave WIFI Off? Since it's OTA.. The phone using wifi instead of 3g I wonder if that will matter.

windstrings

Reaction score
So whats the likelihood this update will help any issues with existing apps?

What I mean is the Dev works to make things work with the existing system... if the existing system gets updated, is that likely to help or possible cause a glitch until the app Devs figure things out and adjust?

struong57

Reaction score
I'm in Southern California, where it's been raining and wet, and no update yet.