OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

blackngray70

Reaction score
Someone posted this on another site.

New lock screen.
UpdatedDroidUnlockScreen.jpg

Image coming from...Verizon releases OTA update for the Motorola Droid - JefTek.com

Anonymouse

Reaction score
The screen's SUPPOSED to go black when you're on a phone call. And I wanna know how the lock screen works too.

comacase

Reaction score
Anyone w/ the update. Hook us up with some details. Are the changes improvements? Did they fix the slight lag issues? Camera quick? C'mon!

arm33n

Reaction score
Here in Glendale, CA
No update but the problem with the ear sensor needs to be fixed for sure

silvere2

Reaction score
Anyone w/ the update. Hook us up with some details. Are the changes improvements? Did they fix the slight lag issues? Camera quick? C'mon!

I don't think the changes are improvements. The new lock screen is pretty much the same as the old one. The camera quality doesn't seem better, but the app does pop up right away. The lag is still there.

arm33n

Reaction score
The screen's SUPPOSED to go black when you're on a phone call. And I wanna know how the lock screen works too.

I know its supposed to but when i take it off my ear it stays black some times so its a problem with the sensor, and i had problems like that with the speaker too

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
To be honest... since I installed GDE and set camera focus to infinity, I am totally happy with my Droid. This update will just make me a little happier. :)

comacase

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. What about the slight animation lag with the notification bar and desktop switching?

silvere2

Reaction score

I don't think the changes are improvements. The new lock screen is pretty much the same as the old one. The camera quality doesn't seem better, but the app does pop up right away. The lag is still there.

Or I dunno, maybe the lag is better. I'm not sure, usually it would really be noticeable after my phone had been on for a while, I guess I'll have to wait an see.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I didn't get an ota main update..but did get a maps update. Added some new features. Looks pretty nice!

silvere2

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. What about the slight animation lag with the notification bar and desktop switching?

See above. There is still a VERY slight lag, but hardly noticeable. I'll have to see once the phone has been running for a bit, for me that's when it got pretty bad.