OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

MattXB

Reaction score
Just received an OTA 2.0.1 update on my Motorola Droid. Don't know how to take a screen capture or I would post it on here.

srtfool32

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
^^ no no no, this is iphone talk i hear! :icon_eek:

1quickv6

Reaction score
Soooo... you're saying that I can root?

How?

Oh, and here is a picture of a fish.......

:icon_exclaim:

If it doesn't load... then you aren't running 2.1 like I am.

bpad10

Reaction score
Soooo... you're saying that I can root?

How?

Oh, and here is a picture of a fish.......

:icon_exclaim:

If it doesn't load... then you aren't running 2.1 like I am.

I can't see it, damn.......just another reason why I need 2.1.....WHERE IS IT......"soon" should be in my life time, not my children's:icon_eek:

rp683

Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted:

http://www.informationweek.com/blog...l;jsessionid=APFV331GYVGONQE1GHRSKHWATMY32JVN

It looks like Google may be trying to get all of its Android devices in the hands of consumers upgraded to the latest release, 2.1. This should be welcome news to those who have a device with the older 1.6 or even 1.5 release. The bad news is that some devices will require a total wipe first, and that personal data and applications will have to be reloaded.
It looks like Google may be trying to get all of its Android devices in the hands of consumers upgraded to the latest release, 2.1. This should be welcome news to those who have a device with the older 1.6 or even 1.5 release. The bad news is that some devices will require a total wipe first, and that personal data and applications will have to be reloaded.

Android and Me is reporting that more than 80% of its readers are on an outdated version of Android. Claiming insider sources, the article states that every Android device in the United States will be eligible for a bump to 2.1. Since 2.1 is larger than what some of the earlier phones were built for, such as the G1, not all features may work. Live Wallpapers is one example of a feature that you might not get on some devices.
The article also reports that some devices, and perhaps most devices, will require a wipe. The one notable exception is the Motorola Droid which shipped with 2.0.1.
Upgrades should start rolling out in the second quarter of 2010. Some will be over the air and some will require being tethered to your PC to perform the update.
While users will certainly enjoy getting the latest OS version on their devices, the biggest win here is for developers. They will be able to focus on one version of the platform rather than the four versions currently in the wild - 1.5, 1.6, 2.0 and 2.1.
</SPAN>

cfmcskog

Reaction score
2.1 ota update?

dose the update from 2.01 to 2.1 happen ota auto or do you have to find it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dose the update from 2.01 to 2.1 happen ota auto or do you have to find it?

It's an OTA update. However it may be downloadable shortly after it's released by your computer. Just depends on who gets it and how fast they can do it.

FoFa

Reaction score
HEY, I just noticed I have 2.0.1 loaded now.
Wonder when that happened?
Droid, it is a wonderful thing.