OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

windstrings

Reaction score
....I updated mine manually.....does that mean I won't get an OTA update? Didn't know if there was going to be any differences in the manual update and the OTA update. Anyone who can help I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Nathan

No difference Nathan or the number would have to be different ie: "2.0.1"

An OTA update will not update if it sees you already have the same version, but if the next comes along it will see yours as older so yes you would receive the update. "if you didn't do it manually first again"

Supermanem

Reaction score
Thanks windstrings....Thats what I thought but didn't know if there were differences in the manual update or the OTA one...Thanks!

windstrings

Reaction score
Thanks windstrings....Thats what I thought but didn't know if there were differences in the manual update or the OTA one...Thanks!

Theres not "supposed" to be.... that was discussed quite a bit.

Because by the time we got our hands on the manual update, the OTA was already being released.

That mean't if ours was a later version, that the original OTA folks would be short sheeted with an older version... .and by the same token, if the later OTA updates were later than the original OTA and our manual, the whole thing would be a mess.

It was concluded that the version number is what it is.. they are not supposed to be altering it even in one tiny aspect without changing the version number.

windstrings

Reaction score
The issue that made things confusing was that some folks got a "download" tab in the market place" while others had the verizon tab...... but that seems to be an issue that changes....

I recall seeing the download tab too on my phone when I first upgraded, but after the next day, its been Verizon ever since.. so what gives?... I think that is a separate issue unique to that app.... possible how its interfacing with the new firmware... not sure

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I never saw the 'downloads' tab in my Market but it's def. an oddity that some people had it show up.... especially considering after some time it went back to being the Verizon tab!

Dante

Reaction score
I have the Eris and got the update last night (finally....), I only notice the phone running a little quicker and a slight pick up when opening Chomp SMS (which I highly recommend getting, its much better than the standard messaging service offered on the Eris and the Motorla), does anyone know the specifics of the update?

windstrings

Reaction score
I have the Eris and got the update last night (finally....), I only notice the phone running a little quicker and a slight pick up when opening Chomp SMS (which I highly recommend getting, its much better than the standard messaging service offered on the Eris and the Motorla), does anyone know the specifics of the update?

I'm not versed on the Eris update.. only the Moto Droid... I didn't know Eris was having an update and if so, the parameters of whats being addressed would be different from the droid.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

mikes

Reaction score
I can't believe I have been sucked in to the web of Droid. I can't wait to get the update!

welcometolastmonth.jpg

bmedic1999

Reaction score
the post that they are referring to happened on Dec. 11th. That was the 2.01 update.....not the 2.1. Please note the date

windstrings

Reaction score
how do i add a signature to my messeges on my droid?

Download "handcent" for your text messaging.... it has tons of features.

Then go to menu, scroll down and enable signature and right under that you can put your personal signature.
It also allows MMS messages up to 1 mb and many other features.