OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

brute48

Reaction score
I am not sure what you guys mean by the new widgets...... I am new to this phone. All of my widgets look the same. If I am looking at widgets. hmmmmmmmmm

dgl

Reaction score
dgl

Droid update automatically as advertised. No issues with the updating process. Luv the Droid!

Aaronator

Reaction score
Boise,Idaho good 2 go at 11 this morning. Notification was there... I pushed "update now" button... powered down...powered up... maybe 3 minute process overall...noticably faster in response and touch and more fluid screen movement. Haven't tried camera yet... everything else seems great!
Go Droid! and go BSU Broncos!(Fiesta Bowl):icon_ banana:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what you guys mean by the new widgets...... I am new to this phone. All of my widgets look the same. If I am looking at widgets. hmmmmmmmmm

Do you use the Power widget? That changed.

brute48

Reaction score
I have not used the power widget..... maybe only some of them changed.

tiffanyrose02

Reaction score
My droid had a notification pop-up last night that said new update available. I clicked on it and it updated and restarted my phone.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have not used the power widget..... maybe only some of them changed.
I know that the power widget changed, the music widget changed, the youtube widget changed. The changes aren't HUGE. They used to be white and now they are black/grey and to me they have a "smoother" or "cleaner" look to them.

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Got my update today at 12 noon in NC. Seems to be running smoother. All I have noticed so far

NVash

Reaction score
I got my update earlier, my phone alarm went off and I turned it off, only to be welcomed to my new day with the Update. So far I havent noticed many changes. Camera seems to take pics a little faster, I love the new lock screen, phone moves overall faster as well. Everything seems to be better about it. It did have a moment where it went crazy and started calling people but that might have been just from being in my pocket and juggled around while I was talking to people and trying to txt.

EVOIXMR

Reaction score
Trying to add my location to the update map. How do you ad
d your location to it? I'm not seeing any button to add it. Sorry, I'm slow. :)

windstrings

Reaction score

Hold your finger down on a blank area on the screen.....only "some" apps have widgets and all apps have shortcuts.. you use one or the other. Most of your shortcuts are found in applications.

when choosing widgets, they are more than just a door or shortcut that opens the app, they are more like a tiny part of the app or an extension of the app that has more functionality and runs constantly.

the drawbacks to running widgets are that they take up more resources and run as "running services" as found in settings----->.applications. That means its never truly closed but is alive in the background in some capacity.

Widgets are cool features if your going to really use them... weather, battery meter, calendars, power bars etc.
One widget is the "app Dock" once thats on the screen you can add many shortcuts to it to scroll right and left. "press and hold the extreme right side of the dock and slide it into the trash if you don't like it"

But for apps you only rarely use and don't want to monitor or look at everyday, I would just use a shortcut.

Hector1959

Reaction score
Update

I went to bed and when I opened my eyes guess what... the update was there already. I didn't had to wait at all guys.