OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

Gracen

Reaction score
12:30am Mountain time last night...just as I was about to go to sleep! I'm kind of me on the lock screen - I may move to Flyscreen when it gets a bit more Droid-friendly - but I personally love the new Power Widget, I use darker themes/wallpapers, and absolutely hated the bright white one.

Jansan

Reaction score
Just got it in NY at about 7 this morning. I absolutely love the snappiness and smoothness of the phone with the update, I gotta say I did prefer the first lock screen though.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
My update showed up this morning. I am not haing any problems as described by others who updated theirs. Every app I open works fine, camera works fine. etc. Only thing i have noticed differently is the unlock slider on the screen.

mec6250

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got the update at 5 30 AM - didn't have all my contacts so I went out to Google Contacts and there are "Contacts" and "My Contacts" - I moved all of the 95 contacts to "MY Contavts" and that made them synch with the phone - they all appear now

jgreg

Reaction score
OTA received approx. 7 am today in Richmond Virginia. Went smoothly. Downloaded and installed laying on the seat of my car as I was heading to the office. No problems apparent yet.

windstrings

Reaction score
Got the update at 5 30 AM - didn't have all my contacts so I went out to Google Contacts and there are "Contacts" and "My Contacts" - I moved all of the 95 contacts to "MY Contavts" and that made them synch with the phone - they all appear now

Good post.. I think a lot of people are having this issue.

jleachma

Reaction score
mine seems faster... also i like the apearance of the calendar widget and power widget as well.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
The new widgets look really sleek and go better with the general attitude of the Droid. The phone is all black and now the widgets are.

As for the unlock screen, besides liking the little ring, the function of it hasn't really changed at all, not sure why so many people dislike it.

I like the time display/font better actually.

Jansan

Reaction score
True, and this one is so much faster, which is much more important to me than having the previous screen. Also I like how receiving calls changed.

fattmonster

Reaction score
MOD EDIT: Please see this sticky to apply 2.0.1 update manually: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/7522-manually-update-2-0-1-a.html

As first found by gixxerjoe:

I found this posted over at Boygenius. rumor has it that Droid Upgrades may be starting today.

Verizon Motorola DROID OTA updates starting today? Boy Genius Report
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...tarting-today/

This is a preliminary report. If anyone gets an update please let us know.

If you do receive the update please add your location (approximate is fine) to this Google map: DROID 1st OTA Update - Google Maps

Edit : if you have any issues or fixes please post at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ngs-fixes-thread-droid-2-0-1-ota-updates.html
After the update installed, my droid froze on the Motorola (start) icon while re-booting. I've tried pulling the battery out (for up to 1 minute) and restarting with no luck. Any tips? I want my great phone back. This is very frustrating!!!

windstrings

Reaction score
After the update installed, my droid froze on the Motorola (start) icon while re-booting. I've tried pulling the battery out (for up to 1 minute) and restarting with no luck. Any tips? I want my great phone back. This is very frustrating!!!

Is it possible you freaked and pulled the batter too soon?

After the firmware update... it "will" boot very slowly the first time.. it will stay on the "red eye" startup screen at least 3 full minutes or so... give it some time.

Appleanche

Reaction score
I actually much prefer the new lock and call answer screen (although the new call answer screen is fairly ugly) because whenever i'd grab the phone from my pocket when it was answering I'd tap the decline ever so lightly and it would continue to go scroll over because it's momentum based or something.

It is a lot more smooth, still a big of lag pulling notification bar down but nothing bad and home screen is a lot smoother.. I haven't had the chance to really test the camera too much but hopefully it focus's a bit better.

btotheoomer

Reaction score
Verizon Tab

Can someone who got the automatic update let us know if the Verizon Apps tab in the Android Market still exists or has it been replaced by just a Downloads tab?

Nope, its still a Verizon tab. You'll still have to hit the menu button to get into your downloads.

Astro Droid

Reaction score
OTA update

Got my update on 12/10/09 at 6:00 am in Blackwood, NJ (Southern NJ).
Not a huge fan of the new clock display, but I suppose I'll get used to it.
The phone does seem to be performing faster and so far, no callers have complained of an echo when speaking to me (droid antennas crossed) :)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some people's Verizon tabs disappeared and were replaced with a Downloads tab. I think most have reported (including me) that after a while the VZW tab came back.