OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok had to delete the picture widgets because they changed the frame to black... fine. Everything else is basically the same. The camera does seem better. It's way way faster than before. But is this all I was waiting for??

IAmAPhoenix

Reaction score
Just reset my phone and pulled the battery. Stepped outside to see if it was my connection making the browser lag. A little better now. The 4 buttons light up like they should by the keyboard is still lagging behind a little. Though my hands are now cold and I'm not typing as fast as I was inside lol. Ok, it is still lagging a little but not like it was before. I don't know, I can live with it I guess.

IAmAPhoenix

Reaction score
Ok I lied, the buttons don't light up but I don't even care about that. I'll stop flooding this page with my problems, though the keyboard is lagging really bad and it gets to be annoying after a while.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Luckily for me when I was outside it was about 72... south florida.

So far yes the browser (dolphin) is WAY faster. The scrolling and general speed is improved. Overall a good update.

I downloaded Beautiful Widgets and it's ok. If it was animated all the time rather than on a press I'd really like it more.

OMEGA5

Reaction score
finally got mine this morning, however, there was no notification saying it was ready, I had to go into the update screen to get it(been checking there every day regardless of notification) anyone else have this? How would I turn that notification on? I really haven't noticed too much difference, but I have been lucky and have had almost 0 problems with my droid since the beginning.

OMEGA5

Reaction score
Also, my Verizon tab in the market is gone and has been replaced by a downloads tab.

IAmAPhoenix

Reaction score
Luckily for me when I was outside it was about 72... south florida.

So far yes the browser (dolphin) is WAY faster. The scrolling and general speed is improved. Overall a good update.

I downloaded Beautiful Widgets and it's ok. If it was animated all the time rather than on a press I'd really like it more.

Decided to download the dolphin browser to see if it was any better. It scrolls faster but I don't like the browser as much as the standard one. This keyboard not being able to keep up with me is really getting on my nerves. I'll stick with the original browser. I also realized that the 4 buttons on the front turn on and off based on the light sensor, I'm obviously a genius :)

IAmAPhoenix

Reaction score
finally got mine this morning, however, there was no notification saying it was ready, I had to go into the update screen to get it(been checking there every day regardless of notification) anyone else have this? How would I turn that notification on? I really haven't noticed too much difference, but I have been lucky and have had almost 0 problems with my droid since the beginning.

This happened to me too, I wasn't notified, had to check for myself. I didn't have problems before, but I do now.

xmnj

Reaction score
Got the update this morning in NJ. Had the issue with the keyboard not lighting up, just disabled and enabled the automatic brightness and the keyboard lights came to life.

droid958

Reaction score
Gallery Widget

After the download, had to delete the old gallery widget and make new one for homescreen. With the old one, it didn't work.

xandor

Reaction score
Got the update today! Completed it arouund 5:20 am and am really enjoying the new speed of the phone. Kudos to Google/Verizon for this!

DroidGurl

Reaction score
I woke up this morning to my notification - I installed the update.

This is my second Droid. On the first one I had the screen blanking out on calls and a few other issues. After several calls Verizon arranged for me to get a new one.

I don't use the phone that much so battery life was decent. The biggest bugs I noticed were that "Force Close" messages came up a lot (and the process made it appear that the Android keyboard was locked) when the device went off and SMS or email was open at the time, and then I would try doing something in that program. I had to learn to go back to Home every single time so the phone wouldn't turn off with a program running. I have not been able to check to see if this has been fixed.

I liked the arch unlock and miss it, however, functionally this will work better. I tried getting the phone with one hand before and it took a few attempts with the arch.

At first after the update my keyboard and BACK/MENU/HOME/SEARCH lighting would not work at all. Also, nothing would switch to horizontal unless I pulled out the hard keyboard. I powered down and did a battery pull. Now the BACK/MENU/HOME/SEARCH and keyboard buttons are lit the entire time the phone is on (it is set to shut off in 2 minutes). I am assuming this will eat my battery faster than before but maybe it won't have a huge impact. The screen now rotates to horizontal.

All my contacts are still there - mine are all typed in and not synched with gmail.

Calendar seems okay, notifications for SMS okay.

I like the Downloads section on the Market. That is how I do my uninstalls plus it's nice to see everything I have installed from the Market.

On an interesting note...after the update I got a notification that I had missed a call and had a voice mail from overnight. Since I was on the forums then went to sleep and hadn't received the call by that time I checked the time the call came in and it happened three hours before I went to sleep, while the phone was sitting right next to me with the ringer on. I never got any notification at that time...not sure what's up with that but it was a pretty important call.

I am glad for this thread and the feedback people have been giving so I wanted to share mine about the update.

n0m0n

Reaction score
Got the update today! Completed it arouund 5:20 am and am really enjoying the new speed of the phone. Kudos to Google/Verizon for this!

Speed of the phone?
Mine actually seems noticeably slower and more lagged.

My device used to fly it was very noticeable but now its slower.

Is it just me?

DroidGurl

Reaction score
Oh...and the detached Google search bar...that's probably good because I would accidentally select it sometimes when dragging the notification bar down, but it looks silly now so I removed it. Someone else on here said the search button brings up the same thing anyway.