OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

Twoo

Reaction score
I decided not to do the manual instal and just want for the OTA. Just passed 12 and no OTA. Looks like I'll be one of the last to get it *sigh*

OMEGA5

Reaction score
yep, still waiting here too. Frustrating as I had one of the first ones when they came out...

windstrings

Reaction score
yep, still waiting here too. Frustrating as I had one of the first ones when they came out...

you having trouble getting the file or just decide to wait?.... because if it bothers you to wait.. you ought to just do it.

If its no bother, you'll have to distract yourself with something else till it shows up. :)

Twoo

Reaction score

you having trouble getting the file or just decide to wait?.... because if it bothers you to wait.. you ought to just do it.

If its no bother, you'll have to distract yourself with something else till it shows up. :)

With my work/personal phone I'll wait for OTA, I don't want to go toying with it regardless if it's safe. I'm just annoyed by all this. I'm one of the first to get the Droid and apparently will be one of the last for the Update. Meanwhile I can't use my bluetooth without hearing massive amounts of echo.

Sure, I could manually update- but I'm not going to risk anything.

MAzing87

Reaction score

With my work/personal phone I'll wait for OTA, I don't want to go toying with it regardless if it's safe. I'm just annoyed by all this. I'm one of the first to get the Droid and apparently will be one of the last for the Update. Meanwhile I can't use my bluetooth without hearing massive amounts of echo.

Well I kind of went in head first to manually update. So far, the Verizon tab from the market is gone. Now I'm concerned because chances are the warranty for the phone is now null and void. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

DroidFan

Reaction score
I also don't want to risk bricking my phone. At least if the OTA bricks it, it's VZW's fault, and they're culpable. If I butcher the phone, Big Red could probably find some way to place the blame on me. I can wait 3 days, and I'm not lazy!

This is the whole reason I'm waiting as well... don't want to risk damaging my phone... plus, my Droid has relatively few problems with it compared to most of the people who have complained on this forum, so I can be patient for a few more days.

windstrings

Reaction score
Meanwhile I can't use my bluetooth without hearing massive amounts of echo.

My phone sounds great now.... no more episodes of echo either.

The hardest part seems to be getting the file and then naming it right.....

I don't know why we don't just set up another link to download it.

Should even be able to email it.

Dragoro

Reaction score
I decided not to do the manual instal and just want for the OTA. Just passed 12 and no OTA. Looks like I'll be one of the last to get it *sigh*
the update will go out right before midnight tonight, not noon.

Twoo

Reaction score

Correct.

I just got off the phone with Verizon and they informed that Verizon have NOTHING to do with the OTA update. It's being ran, managed and sent out by Google through Verizon's network. Verizon has no control over who receives the OTA and in what order. 200,000 will receive it tonight at 11:59pm est, then another 200,000 11:59pm est every night after until everyone has it.

mynameiserich

Reaction score
I actually talked to a few different people at Verizon. ALL updates for every Droid should be received by 1159 tonight

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Correct.

I just got off the phone with Verizon and they informed that Verizon have NOTHING to do with the OTA update. It's being ran, managed and sent out by Google through Verizon's network. Verizon has no control over who receives the OTA and in what order. 200,000 will receive it tonight at 11:59pm est, then another 200,000 11:59pm est every night after until everyone has it.

This I believe, it goes along with the schedule I saw in copies of the Verizon memo.