OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

Reaction score
Yeah, checking real world users with the roll out a few at a time will be much less painful if something goes wrong then if they did a blanket update and bricked the entire network. I know I would be a little less than happy.

This doesn't diminish my anticipation of actually getting it though. I just hope things like Open Home are still working with it. I'd hate to have to disable Open Home after I finally got everything set up the way I like it.

shamus

Reaction score
Am I the only one that's skeptical about tonight's update?
According to this official VZW release schedule the first updates were let go at 12:00 today. The first post to hit here wasn't until 2:05.

andranic

Reaction score
Here's a video from someone who had gotten the update:

Motorola Droid Firmware Update 2.01 GFQ Network

It confirms what I posted above. He purchased two Droids, from the same store, same day, same time, they even have the same plan, and one has gotten the update, the other hasn't.

There is NO pattern... just be patient.

that would be my video .. lol Yea its all done on the same day and I still dont have the update... I will post as soon as I get it and tomorrow im making a video of the camera and how much better it is ..

clunker

Reaction score
I think it just downloaded to my Droid

I just saw a notification icon for a download, swiped to look at the notifications panel, and it said there was a Droid software update successfully downloaded. But, the phone did not reboot and when I go to about settings I see Firmware 2.0 and "Your phone is currently up to date". I still have the original lock screen. But something downloaded. Maybe the update will be triggered at 11:59? OK, so now I'm just going to sit here and wait. Good thing I'm a night owl...

bbcrackman

Reaction score
Looks screen is an improvement. Responsiveness looks improved as well. Just wish it would hurry up and get here. Patience has never been one of my virtues....

DECGTC

Reaction score
I just let my wife and daughter watch the video that contains the new lock screen... Both had the same response "Why in the hell did they do that? Do we really have to update?"

Guess that's going to cause some headaches for some people...:cus:

mynameiserich

Reaction score
I really shouldnt have subcribed for instant email notifications for this thread haha what was I thinking.

I'm really hoping to get the update as well....i'll be a little dissapointed if not....every report if you get it!!

Reaction score
I just saw a notification icon for a download, swiped to look at the notifications panel, and it said there was a Droid software update successfully downloaded. But, the phone did not reboot and when I go to about settings I see Firmware 2.0 and "Your phone is currently up to date". I still have the original lock screen. But something downloaded. Maybe the update will be triggered at 11:59? OK, so now I'm just going to sit here and wait. Good thing I'm a night owl...
click the notification? but you might want to figure out how to get the update off the sdcard before you update and it wipes it off.. please share :)