OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

f150steeler

Reaction score
Anyone in the Seattle metro area been updated? I'm still at 2.0...can't wait!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok...according to my buddy at VZW tech support the update is rolling out as follows......@ noon today it went out to a 1000 people, @ midnight it will be pushed out to 9000 more, then every 48 hours it will be pushed out to 10,000 people and finally on day 3 it will be pushed out to 200,000 people a day until it is pushed out to everyone. He did not however know who was getting it when, he said it appeared to have no rhyme or reason to who gets it when.

Of course if I actually believe your post it violates my rule never to believe anything that a verizon rep tells me.:p

At least it wasn't a friend of mind heard from a Verizon Rep.......:D

microbolt

Reaction score
If anyone does get the update could you try the following before you install it?

*Click install and update
*Once the phone reboots (before you get to the recovery screen) pull the battery out.
*Pull out the microSD card and put in a memory card reader.
*See if there is a update.zip on the microSD card
*If there is please upload it to rapidshare and post a link here

After you do that you should be able to power back on the phone with the SD card and the update should continue.

masters

Reaction score
I was told to simply climb on the roof, hold the phone in my right hand with tin foil in my left while nekid and the OTA update should download faster with better reception..

Of course that's where I'm at, and darn cold too..

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok...according to my buddy at VZW tech support the update is rolling out as follows......@ noon today it went out to a 1000 people, @ midnight it will be pushed out to 9000 more, then every 48 hours it will be pushed out to 10,000 people and finally on day 3 it will be pushed out to 200,000 people a day until it is pushed out to everyone. He did not however know who was getting it when, he said it appeared to have no rhyme or reason to who gets it when.

I am still waiting on some information from the VZW customer council too. People 250 miles south of me have gotten it, but I do not have it. I wonder how they would come up with those numbers as far as to how many at once and all

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Method

I've been doing that for hours but also wearing a tin foil hat.

At least I'm in South Florida so it's warm.

I was told to simply climb on the roof, hold the phone in my right hand with tin foil in my left while nekid and the OTA update should download faster with better reception..

Of course that's where I'm at, and darn cold too..

kamileon

Reaction score

I am still waiting on some information from the VZW customer council too. People 250 miles south of me have gotten it, but I do not have it. I wonder how they would come up with those numbers as far as to how many at once and all

My guess is to test it on a small number of people to ensure it is getting out as planned then slowly increase the number. To prevent a server crash or something....who really knows