ota update?

OP
thelopenator

thelopenator

Reaction score
It defeats the purpose to accept the ota, because you will have to downgrade to reroot.

ooo okay so that's out thanks I was wondering that.you can't root the new update but eventually they'll bypass that don't you think.

xashaffer

Reaction score
It defeats the purpose to accept the ota, because you will have to downgrade to reroot.

ooo okay so that's out thanks I was wondering that.you can't root the new update but eventually they'll bypass that don't you think.

Ok again.......the next update is already available for rooted users. How many times do I have to say it lol? Here is the link.....AGAIN: [RUU] [LEAK] Full MR2 - 1.66.605.2 - Froyo - xda-developers

For future reference, most updates leak and are available for rooted users two weeks to a month before Verizon releases them as OTA

OP
thelopenator

thelopenator

Reaction score

Ok again.......the next update is already available for rooted users. How many times do I have to say it lol? Here is the link.....AGAIN: [RUU] [LEAK] Full MR2 - 1.66.605.2 - Froyo - xda-developers

For future reference, most updates leak and are available for rooted users two weeks to a month before Verizon releases them as OTA

are you running any of these roms?

xashaffer

Reaction score
No I am currently running Liquid Gingersense 1.0 which combines Android 2.3.4 and Sense 3.0 But again I have not heard of any issues with the leak I posted above. Read for yourself in the topic about it.

EDIT: Also as you will read in that topic you have to flash the MR2 radio file as well. Also I apologize as I was wrong in saying it is for rooted users. This is for non-rooted users but there are plenty of other roms that have it. Here is the topic on it from this site: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/th...-htc-thunderbolt-mr2-update-1-66-605-2-a.html And one of you mentioned it went out the 15th but from what I've seen it doesn't go out for another week or two.

Last edited:
OP
thelopenator

thelopenator

Reaction score
i see ok..hmm choices choices.

do you think its a big deal not running android 2.3 but 2.2 instead?

Last edited:
OP
thelopenator

thelopenator

Reaction score
i dont see why not brute48

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited: