OTA update today

nateccnn

Reaction score
For those of you experiencing a soft brick when the phone attempts to install the OTA update...there is an old thread in these forums that explains how to stop it from accepting the update. A file has to be deleted or renamed. Can't remember which file it is. But rest assured...the phone will try to install that update several times until you delete that file. It will fail every time. Same thing happened with the last OTA update.

I don't use the tbolt anymore. I gave it to my girlfriend. Have not really messed around with it since giving it to her. I'll go snag it from her while she's sleeping and see if I can find the file and directory and post it. But a search might be faster. I'm still on first cup of coffee and massive hangover this morning.

Nate

Nyobie

Reaction score
My problem is now fixed until the next OTA push by Verizon. There's a rooted version of the latest push available now. Just load the new zip file into the root directory of your SD card and install it from the Recovery Boot menu. In just a couple minutes, the updated OS is loaded and you'll be up and running without worry about finding your phone's screen stuck on the android symbol with the yellow triangle. I'd post the link if I had it bookmarked but just search for rooted 2.11.605.19 710RD and you'll find several download links for the latest version of the stock rooted ROM.

Nyobie

Reaction score
For those of you experiencing a soft brick when the phone attempts to install the OTA update...there is an old thread in these forums that explains how to stop it from accepting the update. A file has to be deleted or renamed. Can't remember which file it is. But rest assured...the phone will try to install that update several times until you delete that file. It will fail every time. Same thing happened with the last OTA update.

I don't use the tbolt anymore. I gave it to my girlfriend. Have not really messed around with it since giving it to her. I'll go snag it from her while she's sleeping and see if I can find the file and directory and post it. But a search might be faster. I'm still on first cup of coffee and massive hangover this morning.

Nate

Nate, if you can find the link, I'd appreciate the help. I've searched high and low and keep turning up empty handed. Thanks!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

bitsnhoes

Reaction score
I would like to try your update file young sir! Does it disable all future updates as well?
Also, I see you are running your Chevy low V1.0 kernel for your OG droid. Does that work well for you? (Both in this instance and generally?)