OTA update made me late for work!

Reefshark

Reaction score
Just wanna start by saying I love my Droid! But this morning I work up an hour late for work because my alarm didn't go off. When I first woke up I grabbed my phone from the multimedia dock and found it completely locked up. I needed to pull the battery to get it working again. Once I pulled the batter and restarted I realized the unlock slider changed. Then I realized it must of updated and in turn locked my phone! Thanks update 2.0.1, you made me late for work....Anyone else have a similar experience???

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wanna start by saying I love my Droid! But this morning I work up an hour late for work because my alarm didn't go off. When I first woke up I grabbed my phone from the multimedia dock and found it completely locked up. I needed to pull the battery to get it working again. Once I pulled the batter and restarted I realized the unlock slider changed. Then I realized it must of updated and in turn locked my phone! Thanks update 2.0.1, you made me late for work....Anyone else have a similar experience???

See if you'd of done it manually you wouldn't have had that happen.:)

Just kidding, that's just bad timing and unfortunate. When updates are rolling out you may consider another alarm as a back up. They seem to like to send these things out at 11:59 pm or at Midnight so it could happen when the next update rolls out too.

OP
R

Reefshark

Reaction score
I'm not at all mad, I have a cool job and didn't get in trouble, I just feel bad for people that could get fired for being an hour late for work! Also, I was under the impression the update was going to happen on the 11th!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not at all mad, I have a cool job and didn't get in trouble, I just feel bad for people that could get fired for being an hour late for work! Also, I was under the impression the update was going to happen on the 11th!

You need to visit the forum a bit more often then. There were announcements all over the web.

You bring up a good point though. I personally wouldn't use my alarm on my phone unless I was traveling for that purpose. I use it for a reminder. Glad you didn't get in any trouble.

andrewdoane

Reaction score
The morning after the updates, in a half-asleep state I had real trouble getting my alarm turned off when I have never had trouble with that before. Hours later it occurred to me that perhaps I had the update waiting for me and I somehow disabled it trying to get my alarm shut off (again, I was half-asleep). I have pretty much concluded that that's not true.