OTA update failed: STUCK in fastboot mode

pdblizzard

Reaction score
My spouse and I have identical Bionic phones.
Tonight we pulled down the OTA update (5.9.902.xt875) and it worked fine for my spouse (rooted), but for me (not rooted), it stopped at this on the display:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Invalid CDT) 0A.61 Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB Data Cable

Invalid CG Version (CG: cdt)

Already tried:

• I've pulled the battery for several minutes.
  • Pulled the SIM card for several minutes
  • Switched SIM cards and batteries with spouse's fully functioning Bionic
  • 2 Laptop connected via USB do not see the phone as a drive
  • One click from droidmodderx
  • rsd lite utilty failed
  • all Motorolora drivers area installed on laptops

No matter how many times I pull the battery, try up/down/volume/power combinations, it just powers up to the screen display above.

I am not a Phone hacker/modder/rooter and so I am lost, lost, lost.

Any help or suggestion you can provide, would be greatly appreciated. It bought it from Swappa but I insured it with Verizon, but if I walk in there are they going to accuse me of rooting it?

pbickel

Reaction score
They won't they will do some trouble shooting and if can't fix it will replace for free under warranty

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
You didn't get the phones mixed up did you? I had something similar happen with my x, only problem is they will probably want to overnight you a cln phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
My spouse and I have identical Bionic phones.
Tonight we pulled down the OTA update (5.9.902.xt875) and it worked fine for my spouse (rooted), but for me (not rooted), it stopped at this on the display:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Invalid CDT) 0A.61 Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB Data Cable

Already tried:
  • I've pulled the battery for several minutes.
  • Pulled the SIM card for several minutes
  • Switched SIM cards and batteries with spouse's fully functioning Bionic
  • 2 Laptop connected via USB do not see the phone as a drive
  • One click from droidmodderx
  • rsd lite utilty failed
  • all Motorolora drivers area installed on laptops
No matter how many times I pull the battery, try up/down/volume/power combinations, it just powers up to the screen display above.

I am not a Phone hacker/modder/rooter and so I am lost, lost, lost.

Any help or suggestion you can provide, would be greatly appreciated. It bought it from Swappa but I insured it with Verizon, but if I walk in there are they going to accuse me of rooting it?
look at my thread here it is a guaranteed working method please follow all the steps carefully to avoid bricking ur phone run the cdtfix first to get u out of the ap flashboot failure then follow the steps the cdt fix is at the bottom of step 8 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-5-893-fxz-901-902-compatible-902-update.html

Last edited:

ModLife

Reaction score
same thing

but in the AP fastboot screen mine says FLASH failed...ALSO...i got a few files mixed up and flashed an SBF for the droid 3 using RSD lite instead of the FXZ(??) will the fix CDT fix the BIONIC in question....???ANY help is Greatly appreciated....ALSO...this phone would not root with petes motorola tools(tried that first...then the (WRONG) rsd lite file:blink:....it failed on the FIRST step...now it wont come out of AP fastboot....and it also says low battery when hooked up to the wall or the computer and apparently didnt charge even after a full nite hooked up....tried battery pull and hold power to discharge phone tried reconnecting to RSD lite but never shows connected....any questions just ask)this isnt my first root rom rsd lite go round....but it is with the bionic....please oh great one:hail:help lowly little me.

Last edited:

eye_dea

Reaction score
Battery wont charge in ap fastboot.
You need to charge your battery. Few options:
1. Find someone with a bionic that will let you charge your battery in their phone.
2. Go to verizon and see if they can charge your phone.
3. Buy an extra battery (they usually come with enough charge to restore your phone).
4. Buy an external battery charger.
5. buy a motorola factory flash cable. This type of cable has a different pin out and has the +5v on pin 1 which bypasses the battery and powers the device directly even without a battery inserted at all. here is a link... http://shop.teamblackhat.info/

ModLife

Reaction score
i am currently trying to charge via a stripped cable....but the major problem is the bad flash....

Last edited:

eye_dea

Reaction score
Careful with that charge method, it is very risky. Dont leave it charging very long.
The flash failure will be resolved once you successfully flash an image.

ModLife

Reaction score
got it charged enough and tried ap fastboot into FXZ 902 failed at step 2....but now the phone turns on like normal.....im about to try the fastboot again....

ModLife

Reaction score
finally got it all sorted out now the droid 3 isnt workin right....will fix CDT for bionic work on D3 with failure at 6/18 CDT flash failure????i actually used the CORRECT file on this one.... but it is a 906 update straight from VERIZON