OTA UPDATE, cant turn off 4G to conserve battery

zertsman

Reaction score
I was so excited to get the update last night, but i cant turn off my 4g radio now. I think this is going to suck!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

360silent

Reaction score
so far even with 4g/3g switching back and forth ive seen no change with the battery since i the update it actually last longer...but theirs an app called lte onoff in the play store if just want to stay on 3g

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
I'll try that app too. But so far, I think the batt is holding up pretty well with 4G. Well, everytime I open an app or whatever, I kill them immediately. Time will tell.

deduct

Reaction score
I use 'phone info ' app found in the play store. Works better than lte on/off IMO.

OP
Z

zertsman

Reaction score
End of day one.... I'll never get through a whole day unless i can turn off the 4g radio.

deduct

Reaction score
Wrigley25 said:
I see where to turn off LTE, but where do you turn on the 3g?

Under 'set preferred network type' , choose cdma auto(prl)

podspi

Reaction score
For those of you having battery issues, have you tried connecting to wifi? I know it isn't possible for everyone, but with wifi my battery drains at about half the speed of when the phone is just on 4G,probably because 4G is data only...

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
podspi said:
For those of you having battery issues, have you tried connecting to wifi? I know it isn't possible for everyone, but with wifi my battery drains at about half the speed of when the phone is just on 4G,probably because 4G is data only...

Yeah. You can also turn off LTE and go 3G instead. I might actually have to finally utilize smart action this time around.

OP
Z

zertsman

Reaction score
Made all the difference.. almost bed time and i have hours left

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
i just have to post this before I go to sleep.

View attachment 54853

What I have done so far:

Keep same settings as before (lowest brightness, no animations, 4G all the time)
Running ICS and pre-factory reset, I think I got about 6-7 hours with little use.
After factory reset, running ICS, keeping everything the same, I think I can get around 8-9 1/2 hours. So, did the factory reset helped me at all? It seems like it, but wait... I only used the phone for less than 20 mins in total and had it on locked the entire time while I was playing CS. Just right now, it is down to 10%. I'll do another drain and recharge for tomorrow's test of just 3G, where I used to get 10-14 hrs with moderate usage.