OTA update broke my Rezound.

nmos

Reaction score
First of all, this Rezound was purchased a year or so ago (prior to ICS?) and the only mods I did were to unlock and root so I could use Openvpn and a few other root only apps. Last night I started getting messages about an OTA update which I cancled but this morning my phone rebooted and landed in the AmonRa (3.13) screen and it appeared to be attempting to update but appeared stuck part way through the update. I gave it an hour and rebooted but now it just shows the white htc splash screen. I'm guessing the update failed due to the phone being unlocked. I can get back into AmonRa and access the phone via adb but I'm not sure where to go from here. IdealIy I'd like to get the phone up to date and re-rooted without losing my data/settings but I do have copies of anything I'd really miss so if it has to be wiped it's not the end of the world. I haven't touched this stuff since I bought the phone and am still trying to wrap my head around RUUs, AmonaRa versions etc so please be gentle :)

What is my best option? Re-lock and try to get the OTA update to complete? Re-lock and install the latest Ruu? Something else?

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Lock and install latest ruu, unlock, flash amonra 3.16, install su and superuser in amonra development options. Should be good to go again.