ota update blocking didnt work

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by yoshigoibniu, Apr 27, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. yoshigoibniu

yoshigoibniu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok so yesterday i downgraded from 2.1 stock to 2.0.1 then rooted using this to downgrade and this to root, today i got sick of the ota update prompts and decided to do the ota update block hack found here but im still getting update prompts. how can i disable the ota update prompts? preferably using a linux guide this time since my windows partition lags like crazy due to my graphics card being fried.
  2. yoshigoibniu

yoshigoibniu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    um...nevermind apparently it just took about a day to kick in because ive been up for a few hours and it hasnt prompted me to update once while last night it was prompting me about every half hour or so
  3. actngrezy

actngrezy Active Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    if you have the newest version of sprecovery then if you allow the install recovery will block it and the install will fail. I have done the otzcert way when i ran buglessbeast but found out after running other roms i was prompted for the update which i accepted and sprecovery abortedthe install. I know its scary but it will work