1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

OTA update 2.2

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by TheFarmerDeBoer, Aug 3, 2010.

1. TheFarmerDeBoer

TheFarmerDeBoer New Member

My phone's telling me that the OTA update for froyo is available for me to download now; running BB, I know I don't want to do this.

Is there a way to make the notification stop popping up on my screen? I think I remember once upon a time seeing a way how to but can't remember.

Thanks for you help dancedroid
  2. illmatic636

illmatic636 New Member

What version of Bugless are you on? It should be blocked from receiving the update notification due to loosing root. If I were you, I would do a back-up and re-flash the BB .4. I believe .5 will be out shortly and I think it will be FRG01B.

But it is strange for you to receive the OTA notification.
    Until they root 2.2, I would hold off. I learned my lesson with th Ipad. Updated to 3.2.1 and now I cant jailbreak it... yet.

Good luck
  3. TheFarmerDeBoer

I'm running the latest v0.4.

The notification's still up in the status bar and it pops up on screen from time to time. I just hoped that there would be a way to simply turn it off since I don't have time to re-flash and backup right now. Thanks for your reply though, I appreciate it.
  4. ChugIt

ChugIt New Member

SPRecovery will supposedly block it from installing after it downloads.
    But then again I heard if you run a custom ROM you won't get prompted for the OTA.
    Can anyone confirm SPRecovery will block it?
  5. illmatic636

illmatic636 New Member

Check it out Farmer, flash the alt recovery through Rom Manager and then flash back to Clockwork and see it you still receive the notification.

reboot as well
  6. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

When I used SPRecovery and received the 2.1 update, I selected to update an then SPRecovery blocked it for me, an then I didn't receive anymore information about it. I'm assuming its the same for 2.2.
  7. ebruot

ebruot New Member

Clockwork recovery also blocks the ota.
  8. TheFarmerDeBoer

Flashed alt recovery, rebooted, froyo update notification still in the status bar;
    Flashed clockwork, rebooted, notification still is there.

Any other ideas out there?
  9. actngrezy

actngrezy Beta Team Developer

I was rooted and running bb when 2.1 ota was released and alot of us had issues with battery because they update was downloading then redownloading but we would not recieve the notification but if you went to system updates it was there. I installed as weel as my friend clicked update and sprecovery blocked the update. I believe sprecovery will block the update so it should still block with 2.2 update but theres always a possiblity that vzw or mot changed something so if works around what spr blocks but i would think it still blocks the update. Believe me when i clicked update for 2.1 i was scared but it started to install then spr kicked in an aborted the install. If it doesnt you can always sbf your phone back to 2.0.1 or 2.1 then re root and install a rom again. (as long as this update doesn't lock the bootloader lol) I did hear it relfashes the bootloader.
    If your that worried about it I'm sure a bunch of people will try it when it comes to their phone so just clikc later until you know
  10. Sviz

Sviz New Member

Just take your 3.2.1 iPad to http://jaimbreakme.com and let it use the PDF exploit and jailbreak for you.
  11. joeybarclay

joeybarclay New Member

ive heard 2 people say clockwork blocks it does anyone know for sure
  12. TheFarmerDeBoer

It obviously did not for me.
  13. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

14. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo New Member

Running BB 0.4 with CW Recovery here. I am getting the notification as well. Pete's official site says not to accept the install. Should I let it sit and wait it out, or are there better, safe steps to take?
  15. huskur

huskur New Member

That is EXACTLY how it works. Just go ahead and download it and let recovery block the install. That will end the notifications
  16. atlien003

atlien003 New Member

I have accepted notification to install. SPRecovery blocks install, however, I still receive notifications to download. Is there a setting anywhere to stop this?

NVM running BBv0.4 went to Petes site used his update and stopped nots for now
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  17. trowa

trowa New Member

I got the update notification last night. I clicked to install and it rebooted my phone into clockwork. It errored out and gave me a triangle with an explanation point. I let it sit for a bit but then hit the power button and selected reboot phone. I haven't got the notification since then.
  18. TheFarmerDeBoer

On Pete's website there is a file you can download to stop the OTA update notifications, although from what I've read it's made a lot of people lose the ability to use Swype, and for a couple of us, lose root access completely (At least the programs say so).

The fix I found was to install Lithium mod
  19. kenbaker0011

kenbaker0011 New Member

Running BB 0.4, backed up, selected reboot and download. It rebooted and downloaded 2.2, but the update was blocked for me. I got the triangle, SPRecovery came up, rebooted, now fine.