94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
jpcalhoun said:
Decisions, decisions, decisions...what's a man to do?

Lol, you got it!!

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

panapress

Reaction score
You need to return your phone back to a stock configuration...by that I mean unfreeze all apps, replace any app that you may have moved or deleted (apps that you had to be rooted to move or delete) and unroot your phone. If you have voodoo root keeper installed and using it then the process is a little different, but you still need all apps unfrozen and be unrooted. If you've unrooted and you still can't get the update you can use the Razr Utility to return to stock .173 and then get the update.
Do you have the link to the tool to restore Razr back to stock .173? Can .181 update be rooted after the OTA update?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Do you have the link to the tool to restore Razr back to stock .173? Can .181 update be rooted after the OTA update?
Go next door in this forum to the Razr Hacks section Droid RAZR Hacks. The first "sticky" has Matt G's RazrUtility. Download the file and extract to a folder on your computer. Do not extract the file to your c:\\, it must be in a separate folder. Run the .bat file of the utility. On your phone, boot into AP Fastboot by powering off your phone. Hold down the volume up and down buttons while also holding down the power button. You will boot into a black screen with white lettering. Scroll down to AP Fastboot with the volume down button and select with the volume up button. Connect your phone and select the return to stock .173 option, first option I think. Do Not disconnect the phone until the utility indicates completed. After returning to .173 you can get the .181 update by menu>settings>about phone>check for updates. Then use the utility to root .181...option 2 I think. Just follow the instructions in the thread.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
jpcalhoun said:
Decisions, decisions, decisions...what's a man to do?

I'm not fond of honeycomb. And this prime is messed up.... sad... the screen is screwed up. And this was the only one around... best buy stopped carrying the prime and I got the last one.. GRRRRR

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I'm not fond of honeycomb. And this prime is messed up.... sad... the screen is screwed up. And this was the only one around... best buy stopped carrying the prime and I got the last one.. GRRRRR

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!
Well Asus is coming out with a new model...it may already be out. Don't have the particular's. Sorry the Prime you got is screwed up. Probably somebody's return.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
jpcalhoun said:
Well Asus is coming out with a new model...it may already be out. Don't have the particular's. Sorry the Prime you got is screwed up. Probably somebody's return.

Hey its not your fault. Its my luck though. But yes they have the 300 series... but idk. The xyboard is doing pretty good... just don't like honeycomb so far. Its not as intuitive as gb is to me

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hey its not your fault. Its my luck though. But yes they have the 300 series... but idk. The xyboard is doing pretty good... just don't like honeycomb so far. Its not as intuitive as gb is to me

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!
I'm sure ICS for the xyboard is not far behind.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
jpcalhoun said:
I'm sure ICS for the xyboard is not far behind.

I'm sure. No big deal though. I'll get used to it.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

T

TheAlpha1550

Wish they could have done more...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Steeltallon

Reaction score
As i posted yesterday, my update failed. Yes, it's cuz i rooted and killed some bloatware. So then i figured fine, i went to ICS leak.. It's awesome and kept my root.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
As i posted yesterday, my update failed. Yes, it's cuz i rooted and killed some bloatware. So then i figured fine, i went to ICS leak.. It's awesome and kept my root.
GREAT...just remember that the leak ICS will not work on .181, right now anyway. But keep in mind that the next update will probably be the official ICS release. You will have to update your phone to .181 to get it. That won't be a problem...use the Razr Utility to return to .173 stock, take the OTA update to .181 and then the OTA to ICS.