OTA / Unroot D3?

nu2droid

Reaction score
Freakin a little

I got the notification of the update.
I replaced all the bloatware, and downloaded the update. It failed on install.
Unrooted, tried again, failed on install.

I doubled checked all bloat was renamed back to .apk. Have done multiple reboots and battery pulls.
Dont know whats going on. Any thoughts?

Also, I did not remove any apps after root. Just ran the de-bloat script.
When I ran the one click unroot and it asked if I wantedto restore the system/app, I said yes. It said I was unable to do it..

Last edited:

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
For those with the borked Swype, here's how to fix it:

Clear data in Swype (Manage applications>All>Swype>Clear Data)
Go into Swype settings, Toggle to Spanish, then back to English.
Open a text box and long press the text box>Input method>Swype.

Should be back to normal.

DeadDroid3

Reaction score
For those with the borked Swype, here's how to fix it:

Clear data in Swype (Manage applications>All>Swype>Clear Data)
Go into Swype settings, Toggle to Spanish, then back to English.
Open a text box and long press the text box>Input method>Swype.

Should be back to normal.

Worked perfectly! vbhokiefan, you should repost this in a new thread for other people having difficulty with this. Title it how to fix swype or something. I'm sure others would benefit from this information as I have seen a lot of posts on this elsewhere in the forum. I would have but I don't want anyone giving me credit for your find. Good stuff!! Thanks!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

PaulJ69

Reaction score
I got the notification of the update.
I replaced all the bloatware, and downloaded the update. It failed on install.
Unrooted, tried again, failed on install.

I doubled checked all bloat was renamed back to .apk. Have done multiple reboots and battery pulls.
Dont know whats going on. Any thoughts?

Also, I did not remove any apps after root. Just ran the de-bloat script.
When I ran the one click unroot and it asked if I wantedto restore the system/app, I said yes. It said I was unable to do it..

If you have the Pete's Motorola Root Tools. Open it and go to help and then dl the .959. Once you get that folder, place it in the folder with the Pete's Motorola Root Tools and support_files. You should then be able to restore.
It took me 5 times to install the update. I restored, unrooted, rooted, unrooted w/ restore, then it finally worked. finally.

nu2droid

Reaction score
Well, I have successfully got the update.
I had to re-root and reinstall the recovery from hashcode. (I remembered that I made a nandroid before de-bloating). I ran the restore and everything worked perfectly.
Rerooted and everythings good.
I guess somewhere over the past week or two something got corrupt causing the failure.... go figure.
Thanks for the response though.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

PaulJ69

Reaction score
After all that I can't get root now and the "camera is unable to initialize". Any help?

VandVisX

Reaction score
After all that I can't get root now and the "camera is unable to initialize". Any help?

I am having the same issue. Finally got the update installed and re-rooted, but now getting "camera is unable to initialize" which means I can't use the new vid feature in GTalk. Grrr...

VandVisX

Reaction score
If you have the Pete's Motorola Root Tools. Open it and go to help and then dl the .959. Once you get that folder, place it in the folder with the Pete's Motorola Root Tools and support_files. You should then be able to restore.
It took me 5 times to install the update. I restored, unrooted, rooted, unrooted w/ restore, then it finally worked. finally.

One thing to mention here is that if you've added anything to the system directory there may not be enough space to restore all the apps and Petes tools won't give you an error or anything. The partition is fairly tightly packed and there is not much space to spare for new apps. It took me a while to realize that my custom boot animation was stopping the QuickOffice.apk from transferring over.

vadrums

Reaction score
Hi,
Help a newbie here...
Waiting for the update for my D3 and no notification as of yet. Went to setting for update and says "Checking for updates not available at this time. Try again later". It's been this way for days...Any help??
Thanks!!

VandVisX

Reaction score
Hi,
Help a newbie here...
Waiting for the update for my D3 and no notification as of yet. Went to setting for update and says "Checking for updates not available at this time. Try again later". It's been this way for days...Any help??
Thanks!!

It's just not available in your area yet. You can do it manually by following the instructions here.

FinalTrigger

Reaction score
Ok guys please bare with me as I am a noob at this lol. Ok so when the 1click root came out I used that to root my d3. Earlier this week I stupidly updated my phone while it being rooted. Seemed to me that everything worked fine until the market told me to update superuser. Once that happened it began to tell me that I need to update my su binary it tells me that update failed. From what I am guessing is that it blocked my root. Now when I try to run Pete's Root tools it wont allow me to either root / un root the phone. What can I do? Please help