1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

OTA to 2.01, still rootable?

Discussion in 'Motorola Milestone' started by c19932, Feb 28, 2010.

1. c19932

c19932 New Member

hey guys, I still haven't updated my phone. I was wondering if i update to 2.0.1 through OTA update, would I still be able to root my phone? If so, can someone guide me to the post or file?

thanks
  2. Siel

Siel New Member

yep i think most people are rooted through 2.0.1. To root go to rootyourdroid.info and click the "obtaining root" guide it is very simple to use. :)
  3. DAGr8

DAGr8 New Member

answer is yes unless you are in france the update there is the onlyone ( I think ) witch is unrootable, either way if you get stucked with noroot there is always a workaround to obtain root agian by downgrading f/w via rsd lite .
  4. tehpriest

tehpriest New Member

Does that work on Milestone? The author of the site says no

5. c19932

c19932 New Member

by "in France", do you mean the version of my phone or my location? I am in the US and I purchased my phone from ebay so I dont know which version it is.

by the way dagr8 did you use to have a rokr? I remember you from a rokr website

6. DAGr8

DAGr8 New Member

I mean the version , it would be an azerty keyboard so you d know :)

about rooting the device it s the ssme process it always been regardless if its 2.0 or 2.01 ...

All you have to do is download a zip file called update.zip and run it , that zip file is the one specific to the milestone .. therei s a huge topc on alldroid.org on how to do this it is VERY easy ..

To answer your question I am DAGr8 from motorolafans, i suppose this is where you saw me with a ROKRE6 a while back