OTA System Update this morning?

shobe

Reaction score
I woke up this morning to be greeted by, "A system update is available" message on my D1 phone. Since I'm stock, I went ahead and installed. After install, I looked around and didn't see anything discernibly different. Does anyone know what this update was all about?

Android Version: 2.2.1
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5 Android-build@apa26#1
Build number: FRG83D

hbar

Reaction score
I updated, too. Now, I have no 3G and even with wireless enabled, no connection.

anchellada

Reaction score
yeah i got it too. and now it seems i no longer have the market installed and a few other icons on my home screen are just blank, like they were uninstalled too. WHAT A BS UPDATE. but really though im just confused about what happened...

idk if it has anything to do with it, but i was running 2.1 and that update updated it to 2.2. wierd because i just posted yesterday about why i didnt have 2.2 yet and asked how i could get it. i thought this update was god answering my calls.

EDIT: just noticed no 3g too...
EDIT 2: gps and wireless arent working. that reset did nothing for me.

Last edited:

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I woke up for whatever reason around 4am and the 2.2.1 update was available. Installed it and everything works just fine. Might just need to be restarted or you could just go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and press the Running tab. Scroll down and you'll see Dialer; press on it and in the Application Info pane, Force stop it. It will immediately restart itself, you'll get an "x" over the signal bars, and it should refresh your 3G connection

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score