OTA Rooted.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by SlamminCam, Aug 17, 2010.

1. SlamminCam

SlamminCam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking about updating my phone to the new OTA release. I was wondering if there was a rooted version of it yet.

Even better would be if there is a ROM that I can use to overclock it. I'm not sure if anyone has created it yet.

Thanks.

2. porsche996

porsche996 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Just use the Froyo 2.2 rooted version (FRG22 instead of FRG01B) and it's all good.

I've been running this for a while, now, and use a simple OverclockWidget (that's its name) for OC'ing. It's a free widget from the app store, and does everything I need it to do (underclock for downscreen time, overclock when I'm using it.).

3. SlamminCam

SlamminCam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I would like to get the most up to date version that I can get. The problem is I don't know what that is. I can flash the kernel that I need. That is not a problem.

I use SetCPU to overclock. I'm thinking about just using the Chevy ROM and kernels. I feel like changing it up a little bit. Plus I don't know if it is possible to just update the software. I don't think that it is. I believe I will have to reflash the kernels to overclock again.