OTA rolling out!

camaro1173

Reaction score
I did not do forever root (at least not that I know of, although I was rooted). it does appear that I'm still rooted, however. SU app opens.

thanks for the response I hope you still have root. It is one thing for the app to open but another for a program to work at root level.

Cinoib

Reaction score
Oh yeah mine just downloaded on its own. I am at the gym and it came in. It did give me the option to install in an hour...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Well I can't remember for sure but I was offered a choice to install later. I also think I was given a choice to download the update.

I still have super user icon and Titanium backup and SqLite icons but they are not granted access.

Sargentmajord said there are two more updates to come b4 ICS. If he's right I think I'll not re-root until I get through 5.7.893 and 5.8.894.

I was rooted w SuperOneClick. I hope that will still work to root. Any ideas?

short283

Reaction score
I received the 5.5.893 OTA update at aproximatly 2pm in Kansas city Kansas and I am NOT a soak tester!

americanz

Reaction score
Well I can't remember for sure but I was offered a choice to install later. I also think I was given a choice to download the update.

I still have super user icon and Titanium backup and SqLite icons but they are not granted access.

Sargentmajord said there are two more updates to come b4 ICS. If he's right I think I'll not re-root until I get through 5.7.893 and 5.8.894.

I was rooted w SuperOneClick. I hope that will still work to root. Any ideas?

you need to use this one

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...70-r3l3as3droot-43v3r-root-bionic-v2-1-a.html

Reaction score
No update for me yet, i am not a soak tester, 100% refurbished stock bionic. 4:30pm located in Omaha, NE. first attempt to update said its not available, and the second attempt after reboot says my system is up to date.

Derekweb

Reaction score
Got the 5.5.893 today around 4:10 PM in central jersey. Not rooted, not soak test participant.

Reaction score
I got mine today & I'm not a soak tester.

jzmax22

Reaction score
Random question. I got the update. Can i go back to .588.

das2042

Reaction score
i recieved the update today, was rooted running stock and update failed half way through. I did this 3 times just to make sure i wasnt doing anything wrong(i even uninstalled safestrap) So i unrooted and went to try it that way and i lost the update. Told me my system was current when it clearly isnt. So i rerooted again with 4ever root. So basically would just like to know if someone does this update will i still be able to gain root access?

chedder72

Reaction score

R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1 This should take you back to 5.5.886

i recieved the update today, was rooted running stock and update failed half way through. I did this 3 times just to make sure i wasnt doing anything wrong(i even uninstalled safestrap) So i unrooted and went to try it that way and i lost the update. Told me my system was current when it clearly isnt. So i rerooted again with 4ever root. So basically would just like to know if someone does this update will i still be able to gain root access?
I am wondering this too, did the forever root method retain root access for anyone yet? I was sure I was forever rooted but can't be 100% as I was jumping from nandroid to nandroid constantly. If I can do this I was going to attempt to use releasedroot to wipe and revert to 886 and foreverroot, then try to update to 893 and see how it goes...

americanz

Reaction score
I installed the 893 OTA and lost root, tried to regain root using this tool but it failed. Has anyone regained root after upgrading? I'm thinking of restoring my last nandroid, forever rooting, then re-upgrading. Will this work?

i rooted .893 with this.but it was the leak.

americanz

Reaction score

1st. why would you want to?
2nd you can change the system but not your kernal

baphelps18

Reaction score

I did the same thing. Anyone know how to get it to allow me to retry the update?