OTA rolling out!

wilboy

Reaction score
I flashed .894 and my baseband ends in.03
If you've been in stock kernel you can flash 5.5.893-6.893-7.893 and the latest one that is 8.894.Now if you have had that kernel(on that picture),you have no chance to go back to stock kernel,so 'US'(w/ that kernel)are having no success in installing the 5.893 OTA because of the lock bootloader.

markwebb

Reaction score
Mark Webb ....is it really!? Im using purity 2.5 with the ics tpax. Im hesitant lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Well, it appears that way based on the OP:

This is [K]IN3TX, It is a Lean, Mean, and made to be the best of both worlds... This is a BASE ROM that has a perfect blend of choice, fuctionality, Blur, and features. There are also ADD-ON PAX to transform it into a FULL BLUR Build or a AOSP BLUR(LESS) Build AKA SHIFT3R and PURITY.READ everything and it will all make sense.

You will like it!

jzmax22

Reaction score
If you've been in stock kernel you can flash 5.5.893-6.893-7.893 and the latest one that is 8.894.Now if you have had that kernel(on that picture),you have no chance to go back to stock kernel,so 'US'(w/ that kernel)are having no success in installing the 5.893 OTA because of the lock bootloader.

So i received the update and reverted back to stock because i had messed up my swype. So now im on .885 but i have the .893 kernel. Are you telling my i can not get the update again because i have the newer kernel?

wilboy

Reaction score
So i received the update and reverted back to stock because i had messed up my swype. So now im on .885 but i have the .893 kernel. Are you telling my i can not get the update again because i have the newer kernel?
If you have this kernel(like this-my attachment) you can still received the Pushed OTA update but you will fail to install.
View attachment 43508

wilboy

Reaction score
SOL!Both of us...and a lot more!..let's wait for the coming update...:frown:

Bionic

Reaction score
FWIW - I just flashed the OTA dump that Terri M posted, and it worked like a charm. Was forever rooted and retained root. Interestingly, was always 3G at my house, and now have 4G signal (albeit very weak). Nice surprise.

Thanks Terri!

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force

Out of curiosity, how did you mess up your swype??

Reaction score
Well, I got impatient (which is certainly not unbelievable in my case) and loaded Terri M's OTA from earlier in this thread. First, some background: I have a 4G tower less than a mile away from my house, but I live in a bowl (of course) so the signal sails right over my house. I once calculated I would need an antenna extender about 25 - 30 feet above my roof line to pick up the signal full-force. I rarely get a sniff of 4G when I'm upstairs, and my 3G is barely there. I use a Verizon network extender, which works great. Downstairs I get maybe 1 or 2 bars of 3G, but it winks out frequently.

So, I've had 5.5.893 loaded for about 30 minutes now. I have my NE off, and I turned off WiFi on the phone. I'm sitting downstairs where if I did not have the NE on I would get maybe 1 bar of 3G signal. Right now the phone is switching between 4G (with 2 bars) and 3G (with 3 bars), signal strength hovering around -95 dBm, and no dropped signal at all except once when I ended a phone call. 3G took about 10 seconds to come back on. Since then, I've had steady data. I almost never got this kind of signal strength before, so the update helped there.

I never had audio whine so that's not a worry. I'll test the apps to (internal) SD later to see if I lose my apps. Other than data drops and a few apps disappearing I didn't have much of a problem with my phone before the update. After the update I have a noticeable improvement in data reception which really was my biggest concern. Otherwise the Bionic has been excellent for me. It's not exactly the equivalent of excitement as my OG Droid when that was first new, but I have no complaints now that (hopefully) the data signal problem is fixed. We shall see.

[EDIT] I have the extended battery, which has lasted me anywhere from 15 to 20 hours depending on usage. I can't wait to see how long it may last now...

Last edited:

Terri M

Reaction score
FWIW - I just flashed the OTA dump that Terri M posted, and it worked like a charm. Was forever rooted and retained root. Interestingly, was always 3G at my house, and now have 4G signal (albeit very weak). Nice surprise.

Thanks Terri!

You're welcome! :)

Reaction score
Yeah, I can now confirm that the OTA update will fail if you have stock but have frozen applications. No other damage caused.