OTA: Removed bloatware and can't update.

armada10

Reaction score
Still no luck. I download the app and I get the prompt to Install Now or Install Later. I jump out to ES File Explorer, Astro and Files and none of them show any such folder or file under Cache. All I have under cache is "images" and "music" folders. That's it.

This last time I chose "Install Later" assuming it'd be easy to find the zip. No such luck. Is this hidden?

Go to settings>about phone>system updates and it should ask you to install it or not.

droidony

Reaction score
I dont think you looking in the right file but i looked in my astro and those file are not seen. i use root explorer. the file path from root should be /cache/recovery/last_log

Agrajag

Reaction score
I grabbed Super Manager which is a root explorer. Still not seeing it but on the plus side the download is clearly on the phone saved as every time I go to System Updates it tells me it's been downloaded.

armada10

Reaction score
I grabbed Super Manager which is a root explorer. Still not seeing it but on the plus side the download is clearly on the phone saved as every time I go to System Updates it tells me it's been downloaded.

I also chose install later after I downloaded update because I had to unroot, afterwards I just went back into system updates again and it gave me the option to install.

droidony

Reaction score
can someone go to /system/app/guidedtours.apk and copy this apk and attach it to this feed plzzz:)

Agrajag

Reaction score
On XDA they're suggesting there are different checksums for the various apps. This sounds like it's going to be a process. <grin>

jerkwad

Reaction score
can someone go to /system/app/guidedtours.apk and copy this apk and attach it to this feed plzzz:)

i'll give you the .apk if you give me the .odex for that ;-)

can you read the log /cache/recovery/last_log and tell me the first 4 digits of the two checksums that it references? If mine match, i'll send it your way.

Edit: here ya go! View attachment 44538 I don't have the correct odex file for you, however - but maybe this is all you needed.

Last edited:

jerkwad

Reaction score
seems there is 2 check sums they are looking for. either acf9 or f5e0

yeah, those don't match mine :(

GuidedTours.apk 83ce or 55f5 are the ones that mine complained about - so it seems we have different requirements (ugh!)